First African Safari

MBrod

Reaction score
Well I finally booked my first African Safari. Me and my Father will be hunting with KMG Safaris, May of 2022 on a 7 Day Hunt. We were thinking either Plains game with KMG or Dangerous with JKO Safaris. And I just wanted to give a shout out to Jacques Spamer of JKO Safaris, He is a super professional and friendly guy who I'm hoping to be able to hunt with in the next few years, I would definitely recommend him. And I would also like to mention Marius Goosen of KMG Safaris. He is also such a great guy, answered all of my questions, Definitely message him if your interested in a hunt. And thank you all who are apart of this website, I have found so much useful information. Because of it I am now going to be able to fulfill a dream of mine since I was a kid. Thanks for helping me feel apart of the community. And by June of 2022 be expecting a hunting report.
Thanks,
Matt

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Congrats on booking your "first" safari. Will be watching for the report and pictures. Now the planning can start.

Firebird

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
Fun to have something to look forward to. If you have questions or want to talk about your trip, pm me or stop by the house sometime:A Thumbs Up:

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Congratulations on booking your hunt.
It will be here sooner than you think.

VertigoBE

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Hunted
Belgium, Scotland, Slovenia
Congrats @MBrod ! I too am looking forward to my first hunting safari in Africa, in June if all goes well!
Don't forget to post some pictures and write a hunting report when you get back!

Cheers,

V.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Is it KMG or JKO for your first safari? I am confused because you said you booked it but then said you were deciding between two outfitters.
Use TWG.travel for you plane tickets and travel insurance. Check out my posts YouTube channel for safari planning and prepping advice.
Have fun!
Philip

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA,
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
a-thumbs-up.gif
Congrats and good hunting. Africa is a magical land.

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Well I finally booked my first African Safari. Me and my Father will be hunting with KMG Safaris, May of 2022 on a 7 Day Hunt. We were thinking either Plains game with KMG or Dangerous with JKO Safaris. And I just wanted to give a shout out to Jacques Spamer of JKO Safaris, He is a super professional and friendly guy who I'm hoping to be able to hunt with in the next few years, I would definitely recommend him. And I would also like to mention Marius Goosen of KMG Safaris. He is also such a great guy, answered all of my questions, Definitely message him if your interested in a hunt. And thank you all who are apart of this website, I have found so much useful information. Because of it I am now going to be able to fulfill a dream of mine since I was a kid. Thanks for helping me feel apart of the community. And by June of 2022 be expecting a hunting report.
Thanks,
Matt

Matt,

Jacques @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS has been in Zimbabwe and I think now in Mozambique, so I don't think he has seen this thread. That said, thanks very much for your interests in JKO.

MBrod

Reaction score
Is it KMG or JKO for your first safari? I am confused because you said you booked it but then said you were deciding between two outfitters.
Use TWG.travel for you plane tickets and travel insurance. Check out my posts YouTube channel for safari planning and prepping advice.
Have fun!
Philip
So I am booked with KMG. But I wanted to shoutout JKO as well for his help.

Cam Moon

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I'm excited for you!!! I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Marius, but I've read some of his posts and stories. I've heard nothing but good things about him and about @KMG Hunting Safaris
I've looked online and the place looks AMAZING!!
I'm so sure you are going to have an unbelievable time! I think you've made an awesome choice! Your first safari is something you'll never forget, so chosing the right outfit is important. Like @uplander01 said, it will change your life.
It was kind of you to give a shout-out to JKO even though it wasn't them you ultimately decided to go with. The likelihood that this will be your one and only safari is very unlikely! You, like most of us, will probably be bit by the bug and dream of returning often. Maybe you'll keep them in mind for next time.
I'm looking forward to reading a report upon your return, and in the meantime I wish you well with all your planning and preparation. Feel free to reach out for help or guidance, as you'll find many knowledgeable members who are more than willing to help you.
It is so nice that you are able to do this with your father! You are so fortunate in that regard...even the thought of it warms my heart. Good luck and have fun making memories!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KseniaMr

Latest profile posts

I did a little housekeeping in my shop and found some .500 Jeffery ammo that I no longer need. Superior Ammunition and Hendershots loaded them, along with AHR (American Hunting Rifles). Several Woodleigh/A-Square solids along with lead bullets in both 535g and 600g. Message me for any details.

IMG_8092.jpg
IMG_8091.jpg
IMG_8090.jpg
IMG_8094.jpg
pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG