First African Safari

MBrod

Reaction score
Well I finally booked my first African Safari. Me and my Father will be hunting with KMG Safaris, May of 2022 on a 7 Day Hunt. We were thinking either Plains game with KMG or Dangerous with JKO Safaris. And I just wanted to give a shout out to Jacques Spamer of JKO Safaris, He is a super professional and friendly guy who I'm hoping to be able to hunt with in the next few years, I would definitely recommend him. And I would also like to mention Marius Goosen of KMG Safaris. He is also such a great guy, answered all of my questions, Definitely message him if your interested in a hunt. And thank you all who are apart of this website, I have found so much useful information. Because of it I am now going to be able to fulfill a dream of mine since I was a kid. Thanks for helping me feel apart of the community. And by June of 2022 be expecting a hunting report.
Thanks,
Matt

cls

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Congrats on booking your "first" safari. Will be watching for the report and pictures. Now the planning can start.

Firebird

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
Fun to have something to look forward to. If you have questions or want to talk about your trip, pm me or stop by the house sometime:A Thumbs Up:

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Congratulations on booking your hunt.
It will be here sooner than you think.

VertigoBE

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Belgium, Scotland, Slovenia, South Africa
Congrats @MBrod ! I too am looking forward to my first hunting safari in Africa, in June if all goes well!
Don't forget to post some pictures and write a hunting report when you get back!

Cheers,

V.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania
Congrats on the booking!

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Is it KMG or JKO for your first safari? I am confused because you said you booked it but then said you were deciding between two outfitters.
Use TWG.travel for you plane tickets and travel insurance. Check out my posts YouTube channel for safari planning and prepping advice.
Have fun!
Philip

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA,
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
a-thumbs-up.gif
Congrats and good hunting. Africa is a magical land.

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Well I finally booked my first African Safari. Me and my Father will be hunting with KMG Safaris, May of 2022 on a 7 Day Hunt. We were thinking either Plains game with KMG or Dangerous with JKO Safaris. And I just wanted to give a shout out to Jacques Spamer of JKO Safaris, He is a super professional and friendly guy who I'm hoping to be able to hunt with in the next few years, I would definitely recommend him. And I would also like to mention Marius Goosen of KMG Safaris. He is also such a great guy, answered all of my questions, Definitely message him if your interested in a hunt. And thank you all who are apart of this website, I have found so much useful information. Because of it I am now going to be able to fulfill a dream of mine since I was a kid. Thanks for helping me feel apart of the community. And by June of 2022 be expecting a hunting report.
Thanks,
Matt

Matt,

Jacques @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS has been in Zimbabwe and I think now in Mozambique, so I don't think he has seen this thread. That said, thanks very much for your interests in JKO.

MBrod

Reaction score
Is it KMG or JKO for your first safari? I am confused because you said you booked it but then said you were deciding between two outfitters.
Use TWG.travel for you plane tickets and travel insurance. Check out my posts YouTube channel for safari planning and prepping advice.
Have fun!
Philip
So I am booked with KMG. But I wanted to shoutout JKO as well for his help.

Cam Moon

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I'm excited for you!!! I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Marius, but I've read some of his posts and stories. I've heard nothing but good things about him and about @KMG Hunting Safaris
I've looked online and the place looks AMAZING!!
I'm so sure you are going to have an unbelievable time! I think you've made an awesome choice! Your first safari is something you'll never forget, so chosing the right outfit is important. Like @uplander01 said, it will change your life.
It was kind of you to give a shout-out to JKO even though it wasn't them you ultimately decided to go with. The likelihood that this will be your one and only safari is very unlikely! You, like most of us, will probably be bit by the bug and dream of returning often. Maybe you'll keep them in mind for next time.
I'm looking forward to reading a report upon your return, and in the meantime I wish you well with all your planning and preparation. Feel free to reach out for help or guidance, as you'll find many knowledgeable members who are more than willing to help you.
It is so nice that you are able to do this with your father! You are so fortunate in that regard...even the thought of it warms my heart. Good luck and have fun making memories!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mynewdf4

Latest profile posts

gprippers wrote on Tucketed's profile.
Hello, saw that you want the Jeffries brass. So you an either send a USPS money order or paypal i guess, which ever works for you is fine with me at this point. If you want to us Paypal use robsheri@charter.net friends and family and dont mention gun stuff at all or they will go bananas! LOL!

Let me know what you want to do.
Thanks,
Rob
Cowboy wrote on MBIZI SAFARIS's profile.
Good afternoon, please send me a list of pricing for 2022.
NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?