First Africa trip shipping estimates

Just got my shipment from RSA 2 weeks ago. Cape Buff, Kudu, Nyala, Sable, Impala, Hartebeest, 2 warthogs, Gemsbok, Springbok, Wildebeest, Waterbuck.
Dip/Pack (Nylstroom) $1,512
Airfreight (Express Trophy Shippers) $2,050
Import/Customs/local ship (D&L CHB) $740
This was my second trip - I would highly recommend all the companies I used. Great quality and service from all

Just got my shipment from RSA 2 weeks ago. Cape Buff, Kudu, Nyala, Sable, Impala, Hartebeest, 2 warthogs, Gemsbok, Springbok, Wildebeest, Waterbuck.
This was my second trip - I would highly recommend all the companies I used. Great quality and service from all

When was your hunt?

I live in northwest Arkansas, does anyone know where the nearest port of entry to me would be, should have a shipment coming of finished taxidermy including a warthog in 6 months or so.

I live in northwest Arkansas, does anyone know where the nearest port of entry to me would be, should have a shipment coming of finished taxidermy including a warthog in 6 months or so.
I’m in southern Missouri and used Chicago

Talk to a major Taxidermist in your area. They can advise on what airport is best for international deliveries. Obviously, you want the closest due to ground freight costs.

Talk to a major Taxidermist in your area. They can advise on what airport is best for international deliveries. Obviously, you want the closest due to ground freight costs.
How hard is it to pick up my own taxidermy vs paying for ground shipping owning a 2500 and flat bed trailer hard to justify paying someone when I could get it myself?

In my experience, I have driven to Atlanta three times to retrieve from Coppersmith. Very simple process once cleared.

How hard is it to pick up my own taxidermy vs paying for ground shipping owning a 2500 and flat bed trailer hard to justify paying someone when I could get it myself?
No problems whatsoever after they have cleared, I’ve backed up to a ramp at Coppersmiths in Atlanta they load it and I was on my way for my last two shipments.

I'm being hammered by Turkish Airlines for $1235 in storage fees. It's phucking criminal, and they get away with it. It's costing more for storage that what I paid for my crate to get here from SA. :mad::mad::mad:

$150 per day I’m told!

I was notified Friday that my
my taxidermy was finished and that the final payment was due, so I got that taken care of.

Now the wait begins. I contacted my importer and they told me of the South African shutdown of the permit process next week. So nothing will happen as far as permits until the first of next year.

I am same, just got word my stuff will be ready early Feb, I think most of Africa respects the holiday season. Once I get crate(s) dimensions, weight and size I will start "shopping" for a shipper. Seams that will be the scary part. Vancouver BC will be port of entry and I will clear, pick up and bring home, if all goes well. I do not want to clear and deliver to a CFIA BC taxidermist. Seams there is only 1.

MB

Just put out a post on my totals, air cargo with Badger from SA to Seattle WA was $2250, clearing was $1001 with Coppersmith Seattle and $548 to DHX for sea cargo to Honolulu.
My crate was 104 kg and 42x34x43in 185kg volumetric.
Included 3 wall pedestal mounts, 3 Euros, and 5 skins.

Your clearance here in the US is the cheapest I've seen. I got hammered with shipping storage at the airlines, and BS excuse given was because I had a warthog, and blah, blah, bunch of BS. Who did you use to clear your shipment here? Thanks!

Your clearance here in the US is the cheapest I've seen. I got hammered with shipping storage at the airlines, and BS excuse given was because I had a warthog, and blah, blah, bunch of BS. Who did you use to clear your shipment here? Thanks!
D&L CHB - excellent service and ensured I didn’t get hosed with storage fees

D&L CHB - excellent service and ensured I didn’t get hosed with storage fees

Outstanding, and what a great company to take of the customer, and not leave you to the mercy of the airlines. Well done! (y) (y)

Outstanding, and what a great company to take of the customer, and not leave you to the mercy of the airlines. Well done! (y) (y)
I used D&L in Chicago on my first consignment with no trouble what so ever, great service. This was when I had my animals mounted in Michigan. Lately I’ve been having the work done in South Africa so I switched to Coppersmiths in Atlanta but I believe that D&L has an office in Atlanta. I didn’t find this out until I was switching the power of attorney to Coppersmiths ( I’ve also had great service from Coppersmiths as well ).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois