First Africa trip shipping estimates

jacques smith

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Coppersmiths in Atlanta has their own warehouse so should not have storage bills. Be careful on who u ship to cause stuff may accumulate considerable fees waiting on inspection

Hunt anything

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Coppersmiths in Atlanta has their own warehouse so should not have storage bills. Be careful on who u ship to cause stuff may accumulate considerable fees waiting on inspection
I’ve used Coppersmiths in Atlanta before, I pick up my crates at their warehouse and with no swine or primates in this shipment there shouldn’t be any underlying delays ( fingers crossed ) other than normal government BS.

BLJC30

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Trophies are one step closer to home. Booked on a flight out of Johannesburg on July 31 due to arrive Atlanta August 1. Then to customs, USFWS for who knows how long.
Can't wait to see the pictures!

Hunt anything

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Trophies touched down in Atl Monday night, once through customs Coppersmith’s will take over for the USDA and USFWS formalities ( not sure about the order of the bearucratic stuff ) once cleared off to ATLANTA for pickup. Once collected I will post all of the post safari costs, taxidermy, crating, permits, shipping and clearance. Not real sure I want to see the lump some but as the charges come intermittently they aren’t that hard to absorb.

Hunt anything

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Here is the final breakdown of after safari costs from my 2021 safari in RSA.
taxidermy $ 4680.00 in house Shaun Keeny Safaris
Shipping , crating and permits $ 3642.00 SBS logistics
Clearance, transport and warehouse fees $ 500.00 Coppersmiths ATL
Terminal handling fee, $ 215.00
Storage fee, $ 198.00 Turkish airlines
APHIS USDA $ 28.00
Was charged $ 93.00 for CITES inspection but was refunded no CITES in this crate.
Total clearance in Atlanta was $ 941.00
Grand total after safari expenses. $ 9263.00 ($ 1550.00 per animal)
Crate landed in Atlanta on August 1st and was ready to pickup on August 10th. I will pick them up on August 15th. About 14 months from when we left Africa. Seems about average from my other shipments except for the 2 year delay due to Covid on my 2018 safari.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phongcachsaigon

Latest profile posts

geoff rath wrote on Von Gruff's profile.
G'day, Von Gruff; Could you give me an idea on your Bearded Chef Knife, as per your posted photos, delivered to Australia? I'd like to reward a good mate (excellent amateur chef) who has done me big favours in the past. Cheers, Geoff Rath
Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on TERMINATOR's profile.
I just received a forwarded e-mail from you, concerning our Web Site. We just finished a leopard hunt yesterday. While on the hunt my wife mentioned to me that she had finally had it with the person that was maintaining the site and that she was going to get someone else to maintain the site.

If the site is not active you can contact me thru the AH forum.

Cheers, Lon Denney
Tokoloshe Safaris,
Zimbabwe
Bwana Man wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
Interested in the
  • JP Sauer 90 Luxus .375 H&H West German with EAW swing mounts and Varix III 2.5-8x40 scope (Euro Model hand rubbed oil, express sights) 99.9%
yamoon wrote on C.W. Richter's profile.
Hello
The book is still available, I will consider it sold. Personal check is fine. Send me your address.
Thanks
Michael
[redacted]
Mark Audino wrote on ryno111's profile.
Hi Ryan,
Did this note come to you as a private message?
Thanks,
Mark