Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Costs are through the roof right now. My latest shipment came waterborne due the the eye watering costs of airborne. It is way beyond what I have paid in the past.

shootist~

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member, USPSA Certified Range Officer (inactive), NRA Certified Instructor (inactive)
Hunted
USA, Mexico, RSA
@WAB

How big was the crate and what was the savings over air freight, including any port/container fees?

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
I’ll dig back in the email string in th AM and get you some numbers.

Hunt anything

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Look into combining the shipment w/ your friend's to spare expense...it will take awhile before everyone in the chain requires payment (months-sometimes 1 yr.)
I believe that this is illegal according to the USFWS, the only trophies that can be combined are family members under 18 with a parents trophies. Sure it is done but if caught falsifying documents can be dangerous and the trophies will be returned to the original country at the hunters expense.

Andrew62

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Cameroon, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia.
Last September my buddy went to South Africa, he had the following shipped home: waterbuck, blue wildebeest, impala, gemsbuck. Shipping itself was 1800.00 for those 4 trophies. I think his dip and crate was 600 as well.

C.W. Richter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PA SCI, Various Endless Mtns., PA Region Clubs
Hunted
Zimbabwe 3x, Namibia 2x, RSA 2x, USA, Canada
I believe that this is illegal according to the USFWS, the only trophies that can be combined are family members under 18 with a parents trophies. Sure it is done but if caught falsifying documents can be dangerous and the trophies will be returned to the original country at the hunters expense.
Yes, they often conduct extensive audits to determine who shot what! Don't get caught in Operation WSW (who shot what! complete with bullet hole analyses.) Envision 2 packages, situated side-by-side (or strapped together vertically) with separate labels, but sharing the shipping costs. It's a thing. ;) Why a person would ship 1 hide separately is beyond comprehension, excepting big DG. I'm fairly certain ripping money is illegal too?

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
I’ll dig back in the email string in th AM and get you some numbers.

My latest shipment was roughly 200 kg. It cost $2,500 USD waterborne. Air freight was quoted at just under $6,000 USD.

LIFE-FORM TAXIDERMY

Sponsor
Since 2021
AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
lifeformtaxidermy.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hi Guy, Please clarify, is the crate charge 10% or 20% of the taxidermy work? I see a post that says 10% from May but my recent quote indicates 20%. I appreciate the info.

Thanks,
Good morning Sir. It is 20% of your processed work. Please let me know if I can help you further. Regards Guy.

ufg8r93

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI, DSC
Hunted
USA: AL, CO, GA, FL, SC, SD, WI, WY, Limpopo SA, North West SA, England, Saskatchewan
The shipping for my 2021 safari was $1800 alone. Buffalo european, waterbuck european, impala european, warthog skull and bush pig skull. Along with some finished leather items from my buffalo and waterbuck tanned hides, including two pairs of vellies, two belts, a small duffle, and some leather gaiters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OHhuntr

Latest profile posts

TheSayHeyKid wrote on shark_za's profile.
I have a pile of never fired .35 Rem brass if you are interested. What quantity are you looking for?

Billy
GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS wrote on Robharris's profile.
Hi Rob

Trust you are well,
It would be great if I could quote on a safari for you guys.

Please let me know if you are intereted to hunt with Game 4 Africa Safaris. We have many reviews and hunting reports on this forum if you would like to check us out.

Please let me know if you have any questions for me. We are based in the Eastern Cape of South Africa.

Kind Regards
Wik Coetzee
Game 4 Africa Safaris
hunt 65 wrote on cal pappas's profile.
Hey Cal. Would you consider $950 for the Win. Thanks.
Safari Dave wrote on Dhunt713's profile.
For me, last August, the people in the JNB wanted to see a paper document.
What covid passport app is best to use? U.s.a to Johannesburg?