Firearms Engraving

CTDolan

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Rest your eyes upon this lovely example of the gunmaker's art:

https://www.theexplora.com/fabulous-webley-scott-600-sidelock-double-rifle/

It is said that such carictatures, with regard to fauna, were due to the engraver having precious little to go on in the way of information (no photographs, no moving images, no detailed record of form, only an approximation). Well, as for me, I quite happen to like the characterization as it speaks to interpretation (and, what is art, if not?). Mark my word, the new trend in firearms engraving will be such a manifestation. All is ripe for such a movement, all.

Screenshot (390).png

Last edited by a moderator:
What a beautiful rifle!

I regularly visit the explora . I was very saddened to hear about passing of Simon Cloud the director of Westley Richards. You could tell his passion for guns and hunting in his many posts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marplot

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois