Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, DSC, RMEF, Wild Sheep Society, etc
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, Mozambique
For anyone interested, Here is my Amazon review for Bringing Back the Lions:
"A must-read for anyone who loves wildlife and Africa!

This book is a must-read for anyone who wants to have a deeper understanding of what it takes for SUCCESSFUL wildlife conservation. The book was extra special to me because I have been following the re-introduction of lions into Coutada 11 on Instagram for over a year. Rather than a few words in a post each day, it was great to learn about the entire operation, as well as the committed, hard-working, generous, and conservation-minded people who made it happen. What these dedicated people and organizations did to bring an African wasteland back to a thriving wildlife habitat is simply amazing. BRAVO! BUT, the message behind the book is even more thrilling….This model can be replicated…and already is in many areas! For the sake of Africa, its people, and wildlife, give this book a read…and share it with others."

Aside from the importance of the book, it is a highly entertaining easy read…not bogged down in scientific data etc.

I believe I saw that they are reintroducing cheetahs in the Marromeau complex as well. When I was in Coutada 10 in 2014 we saw a lot of leopard sign and heard them at night, we saw 1 lion track heard a lion roar one night and even saw a young male while stalking an nyala. I hope to make it back to C10 one day to see the fruits of our hun dollars at work.

I believe I saw that they are reintroducing cheetahs in the Marromeau complex as well. When I was in Coutada 10 in 2014 we saw a lot of leopard sign and heard them at night, we saw 1 lion track heard a lion roar one night and even saw a young male while stalking an nyala. I hope to make it back to C10 one day to see the fruits of our hun dollars at work.
Yes, they did introduce cheetahs too. They are having a bit more trouble with them. They keep wondering off and have to be brought back but I think they are starting to stay now. Rick and I were in a neighboring Coutada this year in May but we didn't get to see or hear any lions. We were with Rich Kok from Mashambanzou Safaris but I can't remember which Coutada it was. It may have even been 10. If so, we were in approximately the same place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg