Finished Elk Pedestal Top of Texas Taxidermy

That looks flat out shitty!!! Makes me want to join PETA!!!!

Kidding. Looks badass! You're awesome dude!

Very nice mount. The wood base has a cool barn wood type of look!

Very nice mount. The wood base has a cool barn wood type of look!
Interesting note on that. The client has an old barn on his property which he pulled wood off of for me to build that. Though the elk didn't come from his property the barnwood for the base did. It's the real deal.
I have a early 20th century farm house on one of my properties that I rob wood from to make things. It's a great way to recycle these old dilapidated structures.

A very fine trophy deserving a very fine display...and you did it! Beautiful mount!
My wife was just telling me of a store on Main St that just sells old barn wood. I may have to go take a look.

A very fine trophy deserving a very fine display...and you did it! Beautiful mount!
My wife was just telling me of a store on Main St that just sells old barn wood. I may have to go take a look.
If you want some next time your here you are welcome to take a load back with you from my old farmhouse.

Great looking work Gizmo. You'll be displaying at DSC before long!

If you want some next time your here you are welcome to take a load back with you from my old farmhouse.
Gizmo, I'll have to hire you to make me a pedestal. My wife complains all the time what a poor woodworker I am. (I get out of a lot of work that way...;)).

Gizmo, I'll have to hire you to make me a pedestal. My wife complains all the time what a poor woodworker I am. (I get out of a lot of work that way...;)).
I'll do it! Come hunt a Blackbuck with me and I'll make a Blackbuck/barnwood pedestal mount.

Ok ya'll here is the finished product from my Elk pedestal project. I'm a little heart broken as the client is coming first thing in the morning to pick him up. I only get to enjoy having him in the shop for a few hours. As soon as he saw the finished pics he said he was on his way, lol. Cant say as I blame him. It turned out beautiful I think. As usual pics from my cell phone post sideways for whatever reason. Hopefully @BRICKBURN can straighten them out.
View attachment 196806 View attachment 196798 View attachment 196807

Just great and so lifelike.
Congratulations on such a fine job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,