Finally recieved my new double rifle

KJE81

Bronze supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Sweden, Norway, Finland
Today I collected my new double rifle at the airport as it arrived, and a good thing that I did because the personel at the local SAS Cargo-representative did not event bothered to check my ID when I took the package...wonder what would have happened if someone else decided to collect it before I got there:rolleyes:

But back to the rifle, it feels really good to finally have it in my hands, I went to my little shooting range today and fired about 20 shots and it seems to shoot as good as it looks. It is regulated with scope on 100 meters but my own little shooting range is only 50 meters and mainly for sighting in scopes but it shot really well even on this short distance, with the shots from both barrels printing in basically the same hole in the target (printed like an compressed number 8) so I hope it will work as good on 100 meters aswell.

Since we have such strict gun laws here in Sweden this double rifle will have to serve both for domestic moose-, bear- and wild boar hunting aswell as future hunting in Africa. Thats why I choose the caliber .375 Holland & Holland Flanged Magnum. Hoping that it will be able to handle both the hunting needs for big game in Scandinavia aswell as is in Africa.

The gun is from a small Italian manufactor which as I understand it only makes about 15-20 guns each year so it is basically unknown here in Sweden. But It seems really well done with lots of nice details like extended trigger guard and extended top strap/tang or whatever it is called in english. A foldable nightsight and a little trapdoor on the pistol grip, right now I keep some spare ear protection plugs in that compartment. It has quite nice wood and nice engraving even thought it is not fully engraved as some of the more expensive guns I have seen and drooled over on this forum and others similar forums.

I really like that it does have a slim splinter foreend and of course also that It fits me like a glove and that the MAK Makquick mount can be used both for scopes and red dot sights and also that it are no protruding traces of the quick detatch mount when it is removed from the gun, no bases or anything like that I mean. My previous double rifles either had german claw mount bases or swing mount bases visible when the scope was removed so this is a welcome change.

Here are some pictures of my new favorite gun :love:

20220617_155446.jpg
20220617_155723.jpg
20220617_155856.jpg
20220617_155935.jpg
20220617_160151.jpg
20220617_160210.jpg
20220617_160421.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations @KJE81 that is a very beautiful double. I really like 375 Flanged Magnum as a cartridge, it is well up to buffalo. What does your double weigh without the scope, and with the scope?

That is a fine looking rifle! Is Art the name of the manufacturer?

Beautiful double rifle! Gorgeous wood! Very happy for you!

She's a beauty ! Lot's of little details and upgrades it looks like. Like the rolled over trigger guard, , shadow line cheekpiece, very nice! I also was not familiar with that mounting system, I've heard of the MAKnetic mounts, but never saw the integrated bases. Very elegant indeed!

Too bad there is not much info or large pictures available on the website of the manufacturer.

Well done!

Beautiful gun. Congratulations with your purchase.

That is a real stunner! Congratulation on the purchase!

KJE81,

Beautiful Rifle, congratulations. Really like long tangs, never a cheap option but always worth it. Nicely done.

JP

Congratulations on your double! What a stunning rifle.

Love it! Congrats! Can't wait to hear how it shoots

Congratulations @KJE81 that is a very beautiful double. I really like 375 Flanged Magnum as a cartridge, it is well up to buffalo. What does your double weigh without the scope, and with the scope?
Thank you, without scope it is about 3,8 kg and with the scope on its about 4,5 kg.

That is a fine looking rifle! Is Art the name of the manufacturer?
Thank you. Its full name is manifattura armi Art Denis Fontana. On the barrel and in the engraving on the buttom of the action it is simply marked "Armi Art Denis Fontana" and "Denis Fontana ".

She's a beauty ! Lot's of little details and upgrades it looks like. Like the rolled over trigger guard, , shadow line cheekpiece, very nice! I also was not familiar with that mounting system, I've heard of the MAKnetic mounts, but never saw the integrated bases. Very elegant indeed!

Too bad there is not much info or large pictures available on the website of the manufacturer.

Well done!
Thank you, I am very happy with it, really like all the little details and thoughtful addiditions like the rolled over triggerguard and the articulated front trigger.

No the manufacturer seems to rely only on the word of mouth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!