Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Black Sheep Bowmen Archery Club.
Hunted
Namibia and South Africa
My hunt in August/September of '18 with @KMG Safaris was originally to be completed around a year later by Relive Taxidermy in Port Elizabeth. Paul got a bit backed up and it completed in March this year. Then all shipping got shut down for well known reasons. Now typically shipping to me in Alaska is via Delta Air Cargo. It goes from RSA to Atlanta and onward to Alaska since Delta comes on up to us. No Delta flights meant is went via Turkish Air to San Fran, then Seattle, then a boat trip up. Yes is was more expensive than usual.

Anyway. The box arrived and all but one is on the wall. Here we go.

IMG_20200822_193625.jpeg
20200818_174745.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
How did they turn out? Would you recommend them? Going in June. Thanks

Then the bush buck and common duiker.
Side note, Marius thought the duiker might make book. My novice measurements have it around 4 5/8 to maybe 4 3/4, so it should indeed make Rowland Ward.
20200821_200814.jpeg

Then I got the nyala up today. It's a custom job. I wanted to show off it's forelegs and recalled a drawing in a book. Paul worked from there. On a diagonal sort of half body. Came out great IMO.
IMG_20200822_195309.jpeg
20200822_182211.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! Congratulations!

Nice, congrats !

That’s a great way to showcase a Nyala!

Crate day is always a great day! Thanks for sharing!

Great looking trophies

Thanks for sharing! Did you get either of your kudu from KMG and any chance you'll be writing a hunting report on your experience? A trip to the east cape is definitely on my five year plan.

Thanks for sharing! Did you get either of your kudu from KMG and any chance you'll be writing a hunting report on your experience? A trip to the east cape is definitely on my five year plan.
Both of my kudu are from my first trips in Namibia in '13 and '16. I did see a fine Eastern Cape kudu taken by another client the day I took my duiker with KMG. I have a report of my hunt in the Eastern Cape with KMG, just look on posts I made. Marius will definitely work hard to get you one if that is your interests. I also suggest looking into some touring, the cape is an amazing and diverse area.

Both of my kudu are from my first trips in Namibia in '13 and '16. I did see a fine Eastern Cape kudu taken by another client the day I took my duiker with KMG. I have a report of my hunt in the Eastern Cape with KMG, just look on posts I made. Marius will definitely work hard to get you one if that is your interests. I also suggest looking into some touring, the cape is an amazing and diverse area.

Thanks Ryan. Nyala, bushpig and other various PG would be on the trip as well as a trip to Addo. Appreciate the report.

Good Stuff. I have a bunch of trophies with Paul at Relive Taxidery from my 2019 trip. Looking forward to their arrival as well.

Good Stuff. I have a bunch of trophies with Paul at Relive Taxidery from my 2019 trip. Looking forward to their arrival as well.
@Still alive and @GeoffB, from this work I can recommend Relive. Paul and the crew did good work at a reasonable price and packed it well for the trip back. Communications in country when I had them dropped off were immediate and emails from the US were answered within a couple/few days. That is to be expected, he's busy.

Ok, got the eland up. My friend says it's about the only thing to make my Dall sheep look small, and that isn't right. The sheep may move.
Ryan about the only two NA animals that wouldn't look small compared to the Eland is a big Alaskan moose or a Big Bison bull. I think the two together provide a scale of size that most folks won't get till they see it in person. And you can never take away from the majesty of either of the animals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg