Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
I mounted these for a local guy and before he picks them up I thought I would snap a couple pix. Wild roosters shot and retrieved by what I assume was an energetic and hard mouthed retriever. Customer asked to have them fighting and wanted them to sit atop his gun safe-the rest was up to me
7EF2F0D8-4B81-45DE-A7B5-E30F1CB602A0.jpeg
0EF30FDB-6783-47DC-8CD4-CBB89DBDDADA.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Tough to mount birds after they have been plucked.
I hope the customer is happy with his new art.

WOW, beautiful work. I have a pair of fighting pheasant that my Lab Savannah retrieved, and ironically they also sit on top of my safe :). The birds I have were her second & third bird retrieved. She had the most gentle mouth, and was a fantastic hunter. Man I miss her, she was a great dog & companion. My apologies, didn't mean to derail your post.

Love to hear the stories and love to see pics of others taxidermy and dogs!

Here is a picture of Savannah with one of the birds. If you zoom in, you can see how good the birds looks. When I get home, I'll take a picture the mount and posted. Thank you!

Savannah_I.JPG

You can see her personality in her eyes-I love it

I really like this mount, @Firebird , great action, this is more like what I'd want in a pheasant mount. Too many I've seen are nice but boring standard poses. Thanks for sharing your work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross