Ferlach 7x64 For Sale

Pietas Venatores

AH member
Reaction score
Here is a very fine Ferlach 7x64 (Brenneke) bolt action rifle for sale.

-Built on an extremely slick Mauser 98, most likely Oberndorf or DWM
-butterknife bolt handle with checkering underneath
-Double set triggers, not mauser, high end aftermarket, pull is very light and crisp with no overtravel, non-set releases beautifully as well
-14.5" LOP to the midpoint between triggers
-Trigger guard is shotgun style and is inlaid up the pistol grip. There's a slight scratch in the bluing here.
-Bluing in general is 90%+ in my opinion
-There is a small amount of surface oxidation/pits on the RHS of the barrel around 4" from the muzzle, not very visible, not impacting in any way on the gun, but should be noted in the ad of course, I have tried to picture this in the last picture attached
-Red Silvers recoild pad with inlaid nib. Condition is ok to good, but not new or very good.
-Swing catch floorplate release lever, checkered lever knob and support pin under to stop it slipping involuntarily
-Barrel is 22" and the bore is in extremely good condition, no pitting, deep clear rifling and no muzze erosion. Crown is very good
-There is a soldered front sling swivel, rear swivel will be attached before sale (sorry I forgot to install)
-There are clawmounts installed on rear bridge and on barrel saddle, very smooth and nicely engraved
-1 fixed leaf rear sight and one folding with U nothes, regulated but not engraved for distances, I strongly suspect 100 and 200 yds from my calculations
-Front sight right with silver bead
-There is a shotgun style rear tang safety with SAFE in gold, meaning the safety can be operated and taken off/put on safe/live without having to engage the safety on the bolt shroud. therefore, the military safety will not require a high mounted scope.
-stock is of traditional design, 1/2" drop at comb and approx. 2" drop at heel. Slender forend
-barrel is fully bedded, not floating
-There is a pancake style cheekpiece
-It's english walnut stock, nicely oil finished, stock is in 7.75/10 condition.
-There is a horn grip cap with 1 engraved screw fixture.
-Bolt face is not pitted and very clean, bolt body is blacked but extractor is in the white.

I have not done a group test on this rifle, but will offer to do so at prospective buyers request and expense. Tests will be done with factory ammunition at 50yds using the fixed standing rear sight.

I am happy to put the prospective buyer in touch with a relevant expert in supplying and fitting matching clawmount rings you require. However, you may also be aware of the new EAW offering of converting clawmounts to their pivot mount system, which can be fitted with relative ease and allows access to their current scope ring offerings.

The rifle is a classic Ferlach piece and just a thorough joy to handle, swing and cycle rounds through.

Looking for £1,950 for this piece ONO/Best offer (please do feel free to make offers) . Shipping to mainland UK included - other EU countries can be discussed.

If required, rifle can be fully refurbished, including stock re-finish in oil, re-rust bluing and polishing out of any minor marks.

ferlach 1.jpg
ferlach 2.jpg
ferlach 3.jpg
ferlach 5.jpg
ferlach 6.jpg
ferlach 7.jpg
ferlach 8.jpg
ferlach 9.jpg
ferlach 10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely classic. Love the widows peak on the but pad spacer.

love it! shame getting it into the USA would probably be a PITA.

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross