FEMALE Specific hunting clothes and other gear

Dudes clothes with a woman’s label? Or clothing made just for her? You want it made just for her! First choice is to pick the correct camo for your hunt.

Camo works, she literally disappears. Almost invisible
211CA789-41A6-499B-85FF-DC6CC3602564.jpeg

Need orange per state law?
D0FF6D67-2A48-4AB3-8E46-E7D2B013CE9A.jpeg

need winter camo?
CA69AC00-A94E-4157-9739-39770C673606.jpeg

live near an urban area?
D01E7B2E-6DC5-44A3-8506-80D0DD91DA88.jpeg

so many options, just for her
325C1DF2-156E-477E-827D-0727D366567C.jpeg
F8FB401E-18B4-4774-B6E3-D9AF0C34112B.jpeg

Last edited:
Tr
Now, to actually join this thread: I would LOVE to deck my wife out in some really high class loden garments, but she won't have it--as soon as she knows how much I am willing to spend, she wants to take the "mad money" I have saved and spend it on something else. She is petite, and hard to fit, so I can't just surprise her either. What to do?
Take her on a trip to London for a custom fitting.

Now, to actually join this thread: I would LOVE to deck my wife out in some really high class loden garments, but she won't have it--as soon as she knows how much I am willing to spend, she wants to take the "mad money" I have saved and spend it on something else. She is petite, and hard to fit, so I can't just surprise her either. What to do?

Find a store in your neighbourhood that has a nice collection of those types of clothing, buy one garment that you reasonably see as fitting to her. Add a gift card for the store for the amount you want and surprise her.

You can go exchange together and pick out some extra things. She’ll be surprised once she touches the clothing how much more qualitative it is compared to most Chinese produced clothing that is in most stores. It was the case for my wife. At first she thought it was too expensive, other priorities, while keeping on buying the low quality stuff from typical department stores. Once she tried it, she made a 360 on the subject.

To tie into the original topic of this thread, a lot more of women’s clothing is of very low quality. Meant to only last a season and then to buy something new. While for men it is much easier to find shirts, pants, jackets that will last years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hunting and safari is a grand pursuit, make no mistake. It is exciting, mysterious, dangerous and expensive, something to be savoured, drunk in and overcome by. You need to play your part, pay respect by dressing well, shooting well and observing etiquette. Clothes afford just such an opportunity to go that extra mile, not just for yourself, but for those who share the special time with you. The ladies get to really do this justice, Purdey, Westley Richards and Patrick Mavros.

@RTG - Although some may appreciate the camo bikini pictures, it might be better received in another thread.

Well, mama once said "if nobody but you laughs, it wasn't funny" Apologies all around.
For what it's worth, I chuckled when I read it and knew exactly what you were doing. But take your beating and move on. :LOL:

My wife was able to buy She Safari when it was around. Not sure if She Outdoor Apparel is an offshoot or not. She purchase Tag Safari clothes. She was happy with both but felt the She Safari was better quality. There might be lightly used on POSHMARK or eBay.

For what it's worth, I chuckled when I read it and knew exactly what you were doing. But take your beating and move on. :LOL:
Right you are, and I would normally fear my own wife hitting me with the fry pan--but she won't pick one of those up, so I'm pretty safe...

Prois makes good clothing, have known Kirstie Pike the founder for many years. She and her husband Steve are serious hunters and very serious about their commitment to women's hunting.
My wife wore She, Prois and Beretta clothing in Namibia with Danner boots. All performed very well and continue to perform while hunting across the U.S. for turkey, elk and waterfowl.

My wife was able to buy She Safari when it was around. Not sure if She Outdoor Apparel is an offshoot or not. She purchase Tag Safari clothes. She was happy with both but felt the She Safari was better quality. There might be lightly used on POSHMARK or eBay.

I'd never heard of Poshmark until my wife started using it to sell off some of her higher end clothing that had just been sitting in the closet for a few years unworn... then started using some of the funds generated to buy stuff that was still new, with the tags on it, off of Poshmark at prices well below retail.

She bought a full set of very nice under armor womens hunting clothes (matching beanie, gloves, shirt, pants, and jacket) one piece at a time over the course of about a year.. all of it new with tags.. and all of it below retail..

She now searches the site fairly regularly looking for stuff.. she doesnt always find what shes looking for.. but theres always womens hunting gear available there from the bigger, well established brands.. its pretty easy to find under armor, sitka, etc..

@Just Gina
Thank you for the info. I have shared with my fiancé. Last year was her first trip to South Africa and she purchased KUIU and 511 and was very pleased with how they fit and wore. The first year she hunted I gave her some of my camo that no longer fit me. It was fine for sitting in a deer stand but not for Africa. She ordered a pair of pants that you recommended for this year’s trip.

I have asked my wife and she really likes the Jonsson bush shirts, mainly for the fit, but she is a US size 2 so finds it hard to find clothes to fit

@Just Gina
Thank you for the info. I have shared with my fiancé. Last year was her first trip to South Africa and she purchased KUIU and 511 and was very pleased with how they fit and wore. The first year she hunted I gave her some of my camo that no longer fit me. It was fine for sitting in a deer stand but not for Africa. She ordered a pair of pants that you recommended for this year’s trip.
@abnhog
You are quite welcome! I hope she likes them. I think they are very comfortable and I really like the fit.

I know nothing about the quality or the fit, but this company sells women’s clothing.

I know a couple of European companies that also sell women’s clothing too.

Last edited:
My granddaughter (as tall as me now) just takes my stuff! She outgrew everything we bought her.
RTG, you almost gave me a heart attack! LOL!

Wow. Seriously?!??

Unless your profile is a lie, one would *think* that a nearly 70 year old minister would know better than to make such a comment.

The title of this thread is quite self explanatory. If you have nothing helpful to contribute but instead only offer sarcasm and rude comments, kindly stay OFF this thread.

Thanks!
Get a grip Gina. Too many things seem to trigger you. I am starting to wonder if you should even be allowed to own a firearm. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtLuse26

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you