Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
I recently picked up a Glock 19 in 9mm. A friend of mine suggested I try some Federal 147 gr. HST ammo in it. Does anyone have a box of 20 or 50 rounds they'd be willing to part with for a reasonable sum? I normally reload all of my ammo and have lots of brass and 115 Gr bullets on hand. The HST is special purpose ammo and I want to see how my gun handles it before I start looking for a larger quantity.

I’ll look and see. My 19 likes the 124 grs Hydra Shock, and that is what I carried. Miami Dade PD used to carry the exact bullets, if it was f good for them, I’d figured it was good for me too. :)

I would go with 124gr. Gold Dot or HST’s.
A link I saved.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 5.32.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 5.32.23 AM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 31
Art, AmmoSeek is your friend.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 5.32.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 5.32.53 AM.png
    789.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 5.32.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-10 at 5.32.55 AM.png
    777.9 KB · Views: 26
I recently picked up a Glock 19 in 9mm. A friend of mine suggested I try some Federal 147 gr. HST ammo in it. Does anyone have a box of 20 or 50 rounds they'd be willing to part with for a reasonable sum? I normally reload all of my ammo and have lots of brass and 115 Gr bullets on hand. The HST is special purpose ammo and I want to see how my gun handles it before I start looking for a larger quantity.

I don't have any of the 147gr, but I use HST for my carry load and I have never had a Glock that it didn't shoot well. Someone with your handgun shooting skill is going to have zero issues, but I agree an function test with the intended carry ammo is a must.

Thanks for the replies, following the link supplied by 375 Ruger Fan I bought a box from SG Ammo.com.

I bought an Accuracy X version of a Glock 19. Nothing on it is stock. As you might imagine it is much more accurate than a stock gun. The barrel is a 1/32 twist made by KKM. I will be using it for competition as well as for carry purposes under special conditions. I know that the KKM barrel has produced 10 shot groups of 5/8" at 50 yards using 115 Gr. JHPs, what I don't know, is how it will handle the 147 Gr. HSTs.

I carry a 19 off duty a lot. I actually have 147 gr HSTs in it now. They have worked well in any glock I've shot them in or seen them shot in.

I prefer the standard pressure over the +p version as the standard pressure seem to get a bit deeper penetration since they expand a bit less. I've seen a few deer and pit bulls shot with them, they seem to work fine.

Cheers

Reactions: 503
Sorry, I looked, and I don't have any 147 grs ammo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross