Fed Ex Canada No Longer Shipping Taxidermy

Chago

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I figured I would let everyone know. Fed ex will no longer ship any taxidermy within Canada or into Canada from another country. I have a shipment stuck in Toledo Ohio right now. That came from a taxidermist in Texas. They drove it all the way to Toledo and its now stuck there and I need to pay daily fees until I get someone else to pick it up. Brand new information for me, I have shipped with them in the past. Last time. Add them to the list.

fedex.png

Wow, that is not good. Good luck getting your animals back home.

I figured I would let everyone know. Fed ex will no longer ship any taxidermy within Canada or into Canada from another country. I have a shipment stuck in Toledo Ohio right now. That came from a taxidermist in Texas. They drove it all the way to Toledo and its now stuck there and I need to pay daily fees until I get someone else to pick it up. Brand new information for me, I have shipped with them in the past. Last time. Add them to the list.

View attachment 517349
Geez, that is horrible. I am so sorry to see this! Good luck getting your animals.

Holy Toledo!

In my experience, shipping trophies into Canada has become a royal pain in the arse. Not long ago trophies could be flown to various airports, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton,Toronto, Montreal etc, any international airport. Now, if it's DG or CITES listed animal, it has to go through Toronto where they go through customs, canadian food inspection agency {CFIA) and then onto your airport nearest to your broker. The costs just keep adding up and up. It is probably the biggest deterrent to going back to Africa that I have encountered. According to the info I received from my broker, it has become very difficult for him to ship trophies out of Canada to their foriegn owners locations as well.

Other than the PITA of the drive, can a Canadian haul their own taxidermy across the border from the US? Ship it to a bordering state, drive down and bring it home yourself? Just curious.
FedEx is just jumping on the woke bandwagon. What a pain....

We are under attack on every front. What would the real reason possibly be? Another pain that will deter more hunters, just what they want. I will soon get the word from SA that my D&P should be ready. I am worried at those costs, (22 animals, with lion and croc) and expected roadblocks.

@Chago I am not sure if Toronto has anything like Vic, we have a company called "Wings" they pick up shipments, packages and parcels in US, broker and bring across border, then store in their bonded warehouse at Vic airport, we then drive to get. Not cheap but way less than UPS or curriers. Never done mounted animals, but all the hazardous products and taxidermy stuff gets thru easy. Maybe TO has same sort of company?

I wish you luck.

MB

Really in bad taste, so delete as you wish, Administrators;
I'm wondering if the remains of a deceased hunter being returned to Canuckia after his/her death overseas would receive the same treatment ??

More BS from FedEx, just when I thought ups was full of sheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegeafricagroup

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois