February weather near the Baviaanskloof

Kellyg

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I'm coming back to SA in February to hunt near the Baviaanskloof and am wondering what kind of weather to expect. I'll be bowhunting and I know it'll be a challenge but that's why I bow hunt. :cool: I have a friend that wants to come along but he is a rifle hunter so I was thinking of loaning him my Stryker crossbow but have heard crossbows are no longer allowed so any info on that would be appreciated.

Counting the days.....

Kellyg,
The weather will be hot and sticky. It will still be at the top of our summer, so bring along some summer clothing. Might be wise to bring a poncho, in case of the likely event that it rains.

Thanks Marius! I'll be coming from Texas and we have temps of 100+F in the summer, will it be that hot? I also appreciate the heads up on the poncho!

Kellyg,
I would never say never, but you could expect maximum weather up to about 90 degrees F, I dont think it would be more than that. But, on average the temp will be about between 75 and 85 degrees F. Baviaans is quite close to me, and we do get a bit of summer rains, but nothing that will ruin you trip. But rather safe than sorry... hope to see some pics. Enjoy your trip. Just shout if you need info on anything else.

Well, less than 48 hours now until I board the plane here in Texas! We've had sub-freezing temps for nearly three days and I only just got my water thawed out so it will flow. Camera man will be here tomorrow and Sunday evening we arrive Port Elizabeth! I'm READY!!

Have a great bowhunting safari Kellyg!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,