Feature Request - Right to Delete Your Classified Threads

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by rookhawk, Jan 10, 2020.

1. rookhawk

rookhawk AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
    Hi @AfricaHunting.com ,

Could we create a policy that says "you must delete your classified threads when sold" and have the permissions to do that as the owner of the ad?

Lots of stale ads exist. Lots of stuff already sold. It eats up space and its cumbersome to sort as the site stays up longer.

Thanks!

2. Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    East Cape, South Africa
    I haven't sold anything on here...YET..
    BUT should I do so in the future you have my pre-approval.

This should definitely make looking through the classifieds and other threads for items a lot easier and quicker.

rookhawk likes this.

3. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com AH ENABLER FOUNDER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    @rookhawk classifieds ads are not to be deleted, they archive themselves with time.

Royal27 likes this.

4. Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    East Cape, South Africa
    @rookhawk,

In response to your OP, I may not have been clear in my previous response.....when looking through items for sell, to many times, I have encountered the item(s) have been pulled, sold or otherwise has no recent post signifying it's current status,...the thread/post is several months/year(s) old. There by cluttering up.... wasting my time....looking at. And I'm sure other members feel the same way, especially since one member didn't pay close enough attention and lost a sum of money on an item... what "they" thought was still for sale.

Other classified ads by outfitters, service related: ie Henry Rifle Permits, Global Rescue, etc., Should remain. As I and most likely others, especially "newbies", would greatly benefit when planning our various hunting trips.

OUTFITTER(S) should keep their site(s)
    current......all previous "specials"/"Deals and Offers" should be deleted......OKAY...Outfitters and sponsers may lose positive and/or negative reviews...but why ask an outfitter (or other sponsers) to honor an old ad?

As far as other posts...I still consider myself a newbie to this site and I like to read old posts referring to hunts, hunt reports, stories, and all other categories. I hope these "threads"/"posts" remain as they can help "first timers" to gain experience/knowledge, "old timers" the chance to reflect or reference past threads/posts to back up their perspective on a topic.

Just saying.....

Respectfully,
    Ridge Runner