Favorite movie lines

Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross:

"Put that coffee down. Coffee is for closers."

"You heard about this weeks sales contest? First prize is a Cadillac Eldorado, second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize? Third prize is "you're fired!"

And a few others from him in that 10 minute scene. "Abusive" is to say the least.

Are you gonna pull those pistols, or whistle dixie?
(Outlaw Jossey Wales, 1976)

Off all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine!
( Casablanca, 1942)

I think this is beginning of a wonderful friendship!
( Casablanca, 1942)

Frankly, my dear, I dont give a damn!
(Gone with a wind, 1939)

The Dude: Well, that's just like your opinion, man.

Reg: Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?

Dread Pirate Roberts: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning" Robert Duvall- Apocalypse Now

You gotta include this line to the napalm quote too Brent...! " Smelled like victory"...

Too many classics from Apocalypse Now to even list....

Another great Kilgore/Duvall line from that scene: "Someday this war's gonna end......." as he pauses to reflect in silence and then frowns, then gets up and quietly walks away..

One of Kilgore's men referring to a beachhead held by the Vietcong: "It's pretty hairy in there. That's Charlie's point..."

Kilgore's reply: "Charlie don't surf!"

Kilgore in the hot LZ: "You can either surf, or you can fight!"

A few Full Metal Jacket classics...

M-60 door gunner in Full Metal Jacket as he sprays the rice paddies: "Get some!.... Anyone who runs is a VC... Anyone who stands still is a well-disciplined VC....

Door gunner's reply to Joker from Full Metal Jacket asking the door gunner how he can shoot women & children? "Easy... You just don't lead 'em so much... Ain't war hell?"

“You lack the courage to lead. Go! Tell all your men to go. But I will kill the lions and I will build the bridge. And you? You must go home and tell the wives of the men who died here that you fled with the others because you could not masteryour fear.”
talking to one of his coworkers
VAL KILMER - Col. John Henry Patterson

Ghost in the darkness

John wick
Viggo tells his son, “John is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will...something you know very little about. I once saw him kill three men in a bar...with a pencil.

More of my all-time favorites from Outlaw Josey Wales quotes:

Bounty hunter to Josey: "A man's got to do something for a livin' theses days."

Josey replies to the bounty hunter: "Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy..."

The bounty hunter leaves then momentarily comes back into the saloon: "I had to come back."

Josey's reply: "I know...." as he shoots the bounty hunter dead...

Lone Watie: "I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansa I bet..."

Josey asking Lone Watie if he has any food: "All I have is a piece of hard rock candy. But it's not for eatin'.. It's just for lookin' through..."

I think my favorite movie line is...

"They also said artificial sweeteners were safe, WMDs were in Iraq, and Anna Nicole married for love."

Close second

Josie Wales: Just when it seems I get to likin' somebody, they ain't around for very long.
Lone Watie: I noticed that when you get to NOT likin' somebody, they ain't around for very long then, neither.

still got the shovel was good too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross