Favorite movie lines

Under siege 2: “assumption is the mother of all fuck ups!”

I use this one quite often it is part of the natural order of things if you will.
Best Jaco!

In the movie Tombstone, some urban legend stuff got started claiming Kilmer (Doc) was supposed to say or did say, "huckle or hackle bearer"... some form of colloquial southern terminology meaning "coffin bearer or coffin handle (bearer)". The movie script of the screen play is "huckleberry" as verified by both lead actors- Kilmer and Russell.

"Buzzards gotta eat! same as worms" Josey Wales
"Big Bear, Big Bear chase me" Tom Candy- Great Outdoors

Most the the others have been addressed.

Last edited:
I've always thought J.R.R. Tolkien was a brilliant man and, while these quotes are from his books, they were also used in the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings movie trilogies:

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.The Fellowship of the Ring

Not all those who wander are lost.The Hobbit

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.The Fellowship of the Ring

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.The Hobbit

Short cuts make long delays.The Fellowship of the Ring

It’s the job that’s never started as takes longest to finish.The Fellowship of the Ring

The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out.The Fellowship of the Ring

Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised.The Return of the King

Courage is found in unlikely places.The Fellowship of the Ring

And I have to include some quotes from The Big Lebowski:

Smokey, this is not ‘Nam. This is bowling. There are rules. Walter Sobchak

Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.The Dude

The Dude abides.

I find myself quoting this line with probably a bit too much frequency....

"Shave that dog and teach it to hunt!"- Serial killer Early Grayce played by Brad Pitt in Kalifornia.

Really like Pitt in the off-color roles he's done. His character "Mickey" in Snatch is one of my all time favorites.

"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain". I heard some character say this in a Batman movie which my grandsons were watching.

And it immediately struck me being as strangely true.

Tommy Boy
“Fat guy in little coat”, “Brothers don’t shake hands, brothers gotta hug”
Jaws- The entire telling of the USS Indianapolis story by Capt Quint
Any Given Sunday- Al Pacino pre game talk the inches we need are all around us talk.

Newman in Hombre, "because I can hack it, lady" also,"if he runs moves, shoot him...if he tries to take the water, empty the gun on him"
"I've just got one question...how you goin to get back down that hill?"

"You put your hands on a child, deads all you get"
From The Tracker

I think my favorite movie line is...

"They also said artificial sweeteners were safe, WMDs were in Iraq, and Anna Nicole married for love."

Close second

Josie Wales: Just when it seems I get to likin' somebody, they ain't around for very long.
Lone Watie: I noticed that when you get to NOT likin' somebody, they ain't around for very long

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross