Eric Zelanko

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SA, Namibia, Ontario, Newfoundland, New Brunswick, USA
My brother and I are headed to Namibia on Thursday. As most know, PRC tests are required to board the plane (and enter Namibia). Locating a facility that guaranteed results within 72 hours was a bit difficult. Most testing facilities in our area give a 2 to 5 day turn around for results. However, my brother located a place with a 24 to 48 hour turn-around.

This morning, we went to MHS Labs in Monroeville, PA to get our PRC test. MHS Labs stated results would be sent via email within 24-48 hours. A prescription for the testing was required (which we obtained from our PCP.) We had to present our photo ID and insurance card before getting the test. When the young lady swabbed us, she said results might be returned faster as they didn't have many tests scheduled for the day. I got the impression 24 hours or less was the norm.

This afternoon, we received our results and are now good to go. We received an email to create an account at their site to get the document. We each had to enter information to verify identity, then we received an activation key to proceed. Once in, we were able to view our results, download a pdf of the document, and print the documents needed for travel.

Overall, it was a good experience. We'll sleep better tonight with our documents in hand.

If you are in the area and worried about getting results from the PRC test in time for your hunt, you may want to consider them.

Really looking forward to hearing about your trip. Wishing you and your brother the best.
RH

Eric...Good luck. Looking forward to seeing your reports. I depart June 1 flying Ethiopian to Windhoek. Shoot straight!

Really looking forward to hearing about your trip. Wishing you and your brother the best.
RH
some of the 8mm rem mag brass you shared will be making the trip with us. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. -z-

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18whlsrolin

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross