Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
We all know that during the covid pandemic that one of the hardest hit industries has been the dining industry. In my part of the world restaurant dining rooms are still closed but they can all offer drive through or delivery. So you would think that as the ONLY way they can serve their customers that fast food places would be pretty amazing at drive through customer service. Bull%$#@!
In the past month we have had multiple bad experiences at the drive through. Mcdonalds has been the worst of the worst. Wendys not far behind, Arbys hasn't gotten an order correct yet. Ironically taco bell hasn't made a mistake yet.
Our elk bowhunt started one week ago. I have been able to hunt all but one day this week from 3pm till dark. On my drive home I have been hitting the local fast food places at around 9pm. Of five experiences, four made mistakes.
As a family with four kids we do eat out regularly because my wife has been working from home during covid. The noise and confusion of our family dinner is a distraction for my wife so we eat out kinda regularly-and honestly I don't like to cook! Sometimes for dinner we step up a bit and eat at next level food places. The very best was Chcik fil A-they were also the busiest. But they kept the line moving and got the orders correct and never made a monetary mistake-and I like the food. Sonic does a good job as they should but we only go there for drinks (I'm addicted to cranberry slush). Cafe Rio also couldn't get an order correct to save their lives, they never got an order complete or correct. Once I went all the way back through the line to have them fix my order. Their second effort was actually as bad as their first and no attempt at salvaging their own mistakes. I would suggest a coupon for free drinks next time or something but Noooo. Sloppy managing. . . Apparently the manager never heard of yelp. The local Carl's Jr. is my favorite but there is a language barrier that has been difficult to work around at times. I like the guy who has been the manager there for over a decade and he is pretty sharp and a hard worker.
Last night after the hometown football game (I don't even have a kid in high school but we still go) ((Go skyhawks, we won last night)) we went to the local subway store. You can go in and order but then you must leave to eat. I understand it and no big deal, we are trying to support the local businesses. Mosly we went there because they were not very busy. Four employees and ALL four wearing masks incorrectly. Not really a hard concept even for teenagers. Then while they are making our food a couple high school kids come in, not even wearing masks and they walk directly behind the counter giving high fives as they go to the other workers. The workers struggled to stay on task with friends popping in for drinks. I'm gonna guess those kids daddy owns that store or maybe they work there other nights but at any level it was very wrong. They were out of the chicken I ordered as well as whatever my wife ordered. To be fair, there are a couple stores in our area with signs up explaining that they are having trouble getting some meats due to the covid problems. Subway didn't have one of those signs.
I have a belief that every kid should work at fast food and at construction. That way they will appreciate the difficulties those people face while they work toward a better job and appreciate those industries. (I worked at Panda Homes for 8 years and with a brick mason for 3, I get nauseated when we drive by a construction site on a hot day) So we talk alot about making mistakes and providing better service at whatever employment my kids obtain. Fast food during covid has been sad. Rather than an opportunity to do things better it seems they have just used covid as an excuse to make the same old mistakes, only without even having to serve any humans in the dining area!
I tried to find a meme of Joe Peschi with a face mask ranting about getting F'd at the drive through (F doesn't stand for fed) but figured I would leave those up to you all. Thanks for letting me rant a minute-Me and my two youngest just went to McDonalds and ordered pancakes with sausage and they forgot the sausage on every one of them. Then by the time we went back through the drive through to get it fixed they made us wait while they cooked the sausage then thats all they brought us. So I am eating very cold, lifeless pancakes and hastily fried meat. I should have known better:mad:

I will preface this by saying that your family eats out more than mine so you have vastly more experience. Location may possibly play a part as well.

I returned to work full time 3 weeks ago as a electrician driving a service truck.
first day back, we were not prepared for taking my lunch. I went to Burger King and ordered a Whopper but declined the cheese. What I received was a patty on a bun. Plain. It was not terrible, but definitely was not what I expected.

We just got back from driving 2,600 miles round trip to take my son to his first year of college. By necessity we ate fast food by and large while traveling cross country. I can’t say we had any order that was wrong from Arby’s, Wendy’s, Panera Bread, McDonald’s, Little Caesars or Dunkin Doughnuts.
We had no problems with orders at all. Some were quite busy.

I normally try to avoid McDonald’s as a preference. We only bought coffee an one breakfast sandwich.

Obviously, your mileage may vary.

I pretty much gave up fast food over 30 years ago when I moved to Colorado.

The nearest fast food place from where I live is over 30 miles away, now we have a couple 7 miles away but I got out of the habit.

I did however eat at one occasionally when I was working near one and when I would go through the drive through they would get ticked off at me as I would sit at the window and make sure that what I ordered is what I got. I didn't care if there were 30 cars behind me, I would sit there and check. Even after they would ask me to pull forward until everything was good to go. Then if I found something wrong I'd sit there until they got it right.

I eat very little fast food. I have a Pizza delivered about once a month. I hear you on kids that should work fast food and construction. I did both growing up, and it builds character, and work ethic.

A guy I know, is unbelievably paranoid of covid, and he won't even touch take out food.

Fortunately our restaurants have been open for quite a while now. The poor servers and our favorite bartenders are still in masks, but we only have to wear them going through the door. I am sure Biden would be horrified, but a lot of our local owners will survive.

Fortunately our restaurants have been open for quite a while now. The poor servers and our favorite bartenders are still in masks, but we only have to wear them going through the door. I am sure Biden would be horrified, but a lot of our local owners will survive.

We’re in the same boat. Our better restaurants have reopened with reduced seating. It feels good to go out for a meal again.

1598151680835.jpeg

The local Chic-fil-a‘s not only have good service but they cut a sliding door into the wall at the drivethru a week into COVID. They make changes to their practices regularly to get me food faster. Exceptionally well run chain.

The pizza place that’s ten minutes away quotes me an hour delivery time and always shows up in 45 minutes. This is real pizza too, not like Bucks or Dominos. They even have salami as an option.

Our restaurants have innovated or perished. Two thirds will disappear by December here.

Anyone I know with teenagers have mentioned the lack of work hours, much less finding jobs that are worth working. It sounds like scheduled work hours being cancelled right before they're due to work are a common occurrence.
I've been traveling a lot lately for work, honestly the fast food places we've patronized have not been bad on packing in the food ordered. Best places have been call in or online ordering rather than the drive-thru. McDonalds is possibly the worst of any choice and definitely falls dead last in options to eat from. Top picks have been Chick-Filet, Chipotle and Cracker Barrel.

Haven't touched any of that garbage in years. I'll pay a little more for a good sit down meal in a real restaurant. When you get right down to it the prices are not that much different but the quality and service sure are. Well worth the difference.

The local Chic-fil-a‘s not only have good service but they cut a sliding door into the wall at the drivethru a week into COVID. They make changes to their practices regularly to get me food faster. Exceptionally well run chain.

The pizza place that’s ten minutes away quotes me an hour delivery time and always shows up in 45 minutes. This is real pizza too, not like Bucks or Dominos. They even have salami as an option.

Our restaurants have innovated or perished. Two thirds will disappear by December here.

It’s chic-fil-a, of course it’s alwaya gunna be good :D (I love chic-fil-a, doesn’t exist here :( )

I did however eat at one occasionally when I was working near one and when I would go through the drive through they would get ticked off at me as I would sit at the window and make sure that what I ordered is what I got. I didn't care if there were 30 cars behind me, I would sit there and check. Even after they would ask me to pull forward until everything was good to go. Then if I found something wrong I'd sit there until they got it right.

Your logic is “because I was inconvenienced by an incorrect order I’m going to inconvenience absolutely everyone else waiting too”. (n) Just move off and let others get theirs while you wait for yours.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg