CAMEROON: FARO EAST NORTH CAMEROON Northwest Buffalo Hunt

Congratulations on a wonderful hunt. You were fortunate in taking quality animals, well done.

Waidmannsheil on a great hunt @Andrew62 ! Some amazing animals taken. Thanks a lot for sharing your adventure!

And I'm sorry for your bad experience with Brussels Airlines. Although I've heard they transport hunters and their firearms quite regularly, a lot of the people at the check-in counters have zero knowledge about the topic.

I flew AirBelgium (new airline) and also had a bit of a difficult experience going out, but once the police got involved things went much more smoothly. Did you inform the Airline on beforehand that you were travelling with a firearm? I had to make a whole separate file for the airline people and security just to prove that the ammo and rifles are following international regulations. Very frustrating to have to work with clueless people.

Thank you for the clarification. I hunted in the rain forest 2 times, are those buffalo called dwarf forest buffalo, or do they go by another name?
Yes they didn't change the dwarf forest buffalo, for the other change is for Ethiopia they have separated the buffalo over there is know East African Savanna Buffalo

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Waidmannsheil on a great hunt @Andrew62 ! Some amazing animals taken. Thanks a lot for sharing your adventure!

And I'm sorry for your bad experience with Brussels Airlines. Although I've heard they transport hunters and their firearms quite regularly, a lot of the people at the check-in counters have zero knowledge about the topic.

I flew AirBelgium (new airline) and also had a bit of a difficult experience going out, but once the police got involved things went much more smoothly. Did you inform the Airline on beforehand that you were travelling with a firearm? I had to make a whole separate file for the airline people and security just to prove that the ammo and rifles are following international regulations. Very frustrating to have to work with clueless people.
I did in fact phone Brussels Airlines 3 times prior to my flight to ask what, if anything I needed to do, all three said I needed to pay a fee to the airline at the check in counter. When I got to Dulles, they said there was no charge, at my transit destination, Brussels, as I was boarding, they pulled me out of line and had me pay 130 Euros, trust me, I honestly did not care about this. What I cared about was the hassle in Douala, Cameroon, both flying out of Douala to the camp area, then again when I was flying out of Douala to return home. My entire frustration was being bounced around from agent to agent, none of which seemed to know 2+2=4. I honestly thought two of the ticketing agents were going to get in a fight trying to sort out what needed to happen for my gun to get on the plane.

Great report and what a buffalo! That and an LDE are still on the bucket list.

Thanks for sharing your hunt with us.
Congratulations on some nice trophies.

Congratulations on a great hunt!

Well done, congratulations and thanks for the report on your successful hunt.

I did in fact phone Brussels Airlines 3 times prior to my flight to ask what, if anything I needed to do, all three said I needed to pay a fee to the airline at the check in counter. When I got to Dulles, they said there was no charge, at my transit destination, Brussels, as I was boarding, they pulled me out of line and had me pay 130 Euros, trust me, I honestly did not care about this. What I cared about was the hassle in Douala, Cameroon, both flying out of Douala to the camp area, then again when I was flying out of Douala to return home. My entire frustration was being bounced around from agent to agent, none of which seemed to know 2+2=4. I honestly thought two of the ticketing agents were going to get in a fight trying to sort out what needed to happen for my gun to get on the plane.
Congratulations on a successful hunt and thanks for the report!

The issue with the Brussels airline seems to me the same I had in January 2022 with Air France. So that might not be airline depandant. Seems to be part of the process in Douala airport. It's certainly confusing, frustrating and a lot of hustle that seems pointless.

Thanks so much for the great report and glad you had such a great safari. Sorry for your troubles with the airline but at least the hunting was superb!

Congratulations on a great hunt and thank you for sharing your report.

That’s for sharing. Sounds like an epic hunt!

Fantastic recount of your hunt. Reminds me a lot of the challenges I had during my trip in 2020 right as Covid set in. Especially navigating the airport and gun importation in Douala, wow was that ever a fiasco! Glad you had a great adventure and got the species you were after.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg