FANTASTIC SOUTH AFRICAN HUNTING OPPORTUNITIES

Dear all

I've now reconsidered the situation in question and have a couple of points that I would like to raise:

1. Firstly, by law in South Africa a PH is only required to produce his PH-licence on request of a peace- or nature conservation officer whilst hunting with a client. There is therefore no reason why I should submit my License number on this site.

2. I advertise for many outfitters, therefore, once I have made contact with a serious client, I reserve the right to give them whichever website I choose at whatever the price I decide.

3. One would think that serious businessmen, offering a wide range of species with almost no limit in the amount thereto, would be considered an asset to the AH community. Instead, one receives a a bunch of snotty comments, no assistance from anyone, except Tap, whom at least tried but kind of misjudged the situation.

4. All the prices were set out in the advertisement, and upon further request a full package could be calculated for the client if they were in fact serious about booking a hunt. No one can tell me how to conduct my business.

5. I recognise the fact that Jerome is within his every right to remove any post he would like, but in consideration to removing a post, would keep in mind that the post in question might be beneficial to the AH.com users.

6. I have received feedback from other outfitters who now refuses to use this site for advertising because of this treatment.

7. I wonder how many of the hunts that actually do get posted gets booked ultimately, or if this is just a waste.

I conclude that if no one can help me, please stop complaining.

Kind regards

Hello
I would hate to see an outfitter abandon this great site because of such things as the rules on this site. I dont know anything about the ph licence number issue. I havent noticed rhat before.
What you should do is as follow: List up all of the outfitters and their respective websites.
Explain what your advertised price are compared with ordinary prices.
Explain where the hunt is taking place

Steyn here is some honest feedback for you.

3. One would think that serious businessmen, offering a wide range of species with almost no limit in the amount thereto, would be considered an asset to the AH community. Instead, one receives a bunch of snotty comments, no assistance from anyone, except Tap, whom at least tried but kind of misjudged the situation.

My apologies if you have seen my comments in this thread as snotty.
Teasing among compatriots is all I meant it to be.
I look at an offer heading and open it hoping that it might offer something new and exciting and I repeatedly get to view poor presentations and many that don't even bother to offer the respect to the potential customer to follow the reasonable rules of full disclosure so we don't have to ask repeated questions.
To get free feedback from the market place should be invaluable to a serious businessman, I would think.
After repeated attempts to request information including the proverbial skull and cross bones, you responded with........?

2. I advertise for many outfitters, therefore, once I have made contact with a serious client, I reserve the right to give them whichever website I choose at whatever the price I decide.

Therefore you are an agent. State the case and be forthright about it.

When you are making an offer on AH you don't get to reserve any of the required information stated in the posting rules. If you do, at minimum you will get hassled and eventually you will have the offer deleted.

1. Firstly, by law in South Africa a PH is only required to produce his PH-licence on request of a peace- or nature conservation officer whilst hunting with a client. There is therefore no reason why I should submit my License number on this site.

There is no legal requirement to share your personal information with anyone. It is a method of assessing credibility for customers, like me, looking for places to hunt in Africa.
I put a list of information for posts together as a SUGGESTION from a customer.
Use it or don't. I just get frustrated as a customer having to sift through offers. Hence the suggestion!

For example: You don't have to provide your CAE to me or your written permissions for the various properties either. If you don't, I won't be hunting with you. I won't hunt illegally and there is too much evidence that some outfitters are doing so at the detriment of customers and J has made a serious effort not to participate in this.

4. All the prices were set out in the advertisement, and upon further request a full package could be calculated for the client if they were in fact serious about booking a hunt. No one can tell me how to conduct my business.
Conduct your business how you see fit.
Posting here has a requirement of being up front and disclosing pertinent information at the outset, not "...upon further request". So If your business model does not fit, OK!

5. I recognize the fact that Jerome is within his every right to remove any post he would like, but in consideration to removing a post, would keep in mind that the post in question might be beneficial to the AH.com users.

The more offers the merrier. Be up front

6. I have received feedback from other outfitters who now refuses to use this site for advertising because of this treatment.

The regular posters here are demanding, no doubt, because they know the rules and are suspicious of offers that want to bait users to web sites away from AH by providing minimal information here.

On another well known forum they don't bother to reply to apparent bogus or poor presentations.
Zero replies. How does that work for you. In my business I call that a failure.
Does that give you any feedback or is it "just a crappy site" that does not work?

This is an excellent resource that is growing exponentially and if any business chooses not to use such an excellent site to promote its business its to your detriment in my opinion.

7. I wonder how many of the hunts that actually do get posted gets booked ultimately, or if this is just a waste.

Well, if you would like to find out, why don't you chat with the SUPPORTERS of AH!
They seem to get it and have business generated from this site. (spend some time and read the posts)
I know I have sent a lot of business to various SUPPORTERS of AH and helped many people look realistically at offers presented here and elsewhere.

Evidence: Have a look at Koedoeberg's great offer, Apparently he has FULL YEAR booked now.

I know one outfitter that got more the $100,000.00 USD from advertising here also.

I honestly hope you find this feedback helpful.

Brickburn,

Thanks for saving me a bunch of typing.

Brick, I still don't like your picture/avatar! Your just taunting me! yep I don't like it at all. I'm gonna help out the guy who originally started this thread and call you a jerk!

You know what, that DAMN picture is gonna end up forcing me to get a second mortgage on my house just to fund one of those over priced buff hunts. Why do you hate me so much?

Thanks Brickburn.

Wow Brickburn you hit all the points.I find his response to be just done right stupid and defensive so red flag for me.

Brickburn, you are the man!

Some good questions were raised and answered.

We do have some savvy members...

Well said BRICKBURN.

And Steyn, there are plenty of outfitters that use this website and follow the rules when it comes to posting offers.
And they get plenty of clients that are members or lurkers here.
If you don't want to follow the rules and don't want us as clients and our money, feel free to move on somewhere else:)

Dear all

I've now reconsidered the situation in question and have a couple of points that I would like to raise:

3. One would think that serious businessmen, offering a wide range of species with almost no limit in the amount thereto, would be considered an asset to the AH community. Instead, one receives a a bunch of snotty comments, no assistance from anyone, except Tap, whom at least tried but kind of misjudged the situation.

5. I recognise the fact that Jerome is within his every right to remove any post he would like, but in consideration to removing a post, would keep in mind that the post in question might be beneficial to the AH.com users.

Kind regards

Steyn, It's quite simple, if you don't want to adhere to the rules than don't post.

By the way, it is a free open forum for hunters and the rules are in place for the best interest of hunters, promote openness and information.

Brick, I still don't like your picture/avatar! Your just taunting me! yep I don't like it at all. I'm gonna help out the guy who originally started this thread and call you a jerk!

You know what, that DAMN picture is gonna end up forcing me to get a second mortgage on my house just to fund one of those over priced buff hunts. Why do you hate me so much?

Buddy I changed it for a while but I just couldn't handle it. I just had to put it back up.
I can suggest a good therapist for you, since you seem to be getting paranoid. :)

Jerome and Brickburne, very well putt, there need to be rules in everything and by the way Steyn need to be an Outfitter and not only a PH by law in SA to advertise hunts to foreign clients, perhaps he is.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for your input.

Although I do not agree with everything said, there is no use pouring good time into a lost cause.

Hope that my next advert, if any, will be to your satisfaction.

I just felt the need to express my side of the story as well, but came to the conclusion that it's more of a "better luck next time" situation than anything else.

Maybe, one day, you'll come hunt with me in the Northern Cape, even if its from a semi-shabby advert. LOL

Have a great day guys. I would rather now treat the matter as finalised.

By the way, it is a free open forum for hunters and the rules are in place for the best interest of hunters, promote openness and information.

Thanks Jerome thats why I love this forum keep up the good Work! Brick very Professionally Done. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DesmondU66

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross