Famous African Professional Hunters

John Sharp on the left, Brian Coleman on the right.

Note the book in Brian's hand...."Facing Down Fear" by John Sharp.

Picture taken at the Big Easy, Columbus, TX January 30, 2020.

View attachment 328008

IMG_0003.jpg

Bryan Coleman on horeseback in the 60ies

IMG_0001.jpg

an BC with his .577 double ,during animal control on Gilbert Colvilles ranch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Classic pictures from "The End of the Game"! Very cool!
I also found one photo of him - in Brian Herne's book "White Hunters"
Mr. Coleman also wrote a chapter called "The Beginning and End of a White Hunter" for a book by Ray Kromer (the book is called "Sixty Sporting Years").
coleman_bongo.jpg

Sad that Ken passed away last season, he was of tremendous help in formulating specific loads for my fire arm, his advice and guidance was of great value to myself..

In the list as above, we as modern day professional hunter can learn so much from the individuals above I have been privileged enough to share camp fires with some of the individuals above as well as a couple other highly experienced gentleman, sponging as much information and knowledge from them as is humanly possible.

Ahhhh maybe one day when I grow up... :(

My best always
Jaco, I would suggest you approach Hansie Minnaar, he really learned a lot from Oom Ken , therefore he took Oom Ken`s business over and are still extremely knowledgeable ..contact him he can still assist you with load developments of your rifles..he assisted many hunters including me with great difficulty of a Martini Henry I was not able to get to shoot accurate..I visited him and all my difficulties were disposed of ..the Martini Henry shoot groupings of twenty millimeter groupings at fifty meters ...(y)(y)(y)(y)

Members, I had the great privilege to met Richard Harland who was at a young age an honorable game ranger in Rhodesia years... Richard Harland may be the person who shot/killed the most buffaloes/elephants ever done by a hunter due to his prowess of hunting the elephant and buffalo extensively since his childhood ...his great mentor was another legend Paul Grobler the only farmer who had permits to do culling work for the Game Department of Rhodesia ....Richard Harland had a talent to hunt elephant and buffalo, he was the only culling game ranger who could run into a large group of elephants that needs culling, shoot the leading cow elephant, run up her leg and start shooting all the elephants around him, his tracker would feed him a lot of ammo while doing it and assist to kill the elephants that did not receive a lethal shot from Richard...Richard is an unbelievable humble person, he is a great human and a Gentleman of note ...(y)(y)

Members, I had the great privilege to met Richard Harland who was at a young age an honorable game ranger in Rhodesia years... Richard Harland may be the person who shot/killed the most buffaloes/elephants ever done by a hunter due to his prowess of hunting the elephant and buffalo extensively since his childhood ...his great mentor was another legend Paul Grobler the only farmer who had permits to do culling work for the Game Department of Rhodesia ....Richard Harland had a talent to hunt elephant and buffalo, he was the only culling game ranger who could run into a large group of elephants that needs culling, shoot the leading cow elephant, run up her leg and start shooting all the elephants around him, his tracker would feed him a lot of ammo while doing it and assist to kill the elephants that did not receive a lethal shot from Richard...Richard is an unbelievable humble person, he is a great human and a Gentleman of note ...(y)(y)
Hear, hear - that he is indeed.

I finished his Book and that of Paul Grobler! Amazing! I wish I got to know them to ask more questions. I agree with your choice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinaabu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.