Family Trip - New hunters recruited

brushmore

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
My family just got back from a trip to the Eastern Cape. I returned to Tootabi Hunting Safaris but this time I brought along my wife and four kids aged 21-17. I'll promise to post hunt reports once I recover but I just wanted to share a little now with the AH community. I had mixed success on my hunts but that was all overshadowed by the enjoyment my family had and their new interest in hunting. It was meant more or less as a family vacation with some hunting by a few family members but it wasn't long before everyone got a chance to have a chance to do some hunting. By far the hunting was everyone's favorite part of the trip.

The most surprising thing about the trip for me was my daughter and my wife who had absolutely no interest in hunting before the trip are now completely hooked. My wife hunted literally to the last bits of light on the day before we left! My wife told me that she doesn't think she could ever do the flight to Africa again but is really interesting in hunting back home in the States now! My daughter also had zero interest in hunting is also now a convert. She was hoping for an impala ram but she ended up with a ewe on what the PH said was the most difficult impala hunt he was ever on. Even with all of that my daughter ended up loving every minute of it!

michelle_warthog.JPG
regan_impala.JPG
charlie_scope_kiss.JPG
sarah_sticks.JPG

Glad you had a great trip and looking forward to reading your report. I think Africa is the best way to get new people in to hunting as it is just flat out fun over there.

Congratulations! Looking forward to reading the full report!

Glad you got your family over with you! Look forward to the full report

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross