AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
RMEF, DU, SCI, NRA
Two of my sons and I had the chance to go shoot in the Karstetter Memorial Field Match near Wilbur, WA. The match is a college education fund raising event for the children of Matt Karstetter. Matt was a former Marine and a very passionate shooter, after he was killed in a work-related accident some of his shooting partners and friends organized this match to help his family. I have shot at this match three of the four years it has been held; once with one son, then all three of my sons and this year the two oldest sons. I was shooting a 260Rem, one of my sons also shoots a 260 and the other one shoots a 6 Creedmoor. There were some creative shots from an old car, a water trough, prone shots, etc. Ranges varied from a close range pistol target to 1,070 yards. Plus, one stage included an M249, my first time shooting fully auto - if someone else was footing the ammo bill I'd like to spend some more time with that gun!
old_car.jpg

Derrick.jpg

Spencer.jpg

guns.jpg

(the M249 in the background)
Spencer_M249.jpg

This was the scenery we left at the shooting match .........................
20160403_125224.jpg

and came home to this scenery. Apparently the new pivot is a little longer than the old one it replaced ............... and a well rooted tree doesn't move easily.
20160404_104236.jpg

It was a great way to spend time with my sons and help raise some money for a good cause. BTW, any of you car guys know the year and model of that old car? My son asked me, I was guessing around a '38 Plymouth.

Looks like a really great day with the boys!

This is cool. I grew up around that area of eastern Washington but haven't been back in several years. Guess I am going to have to look into it for next year. Looks like a good time for a good cause.

Looks like a good day to me.

Looks like fun! You know a pivot irrigator over a winter wheat field can make for some great goose hunting.

That looks like a good day spent in the outdoors.

This is cool. I grew up around that area of eastern Washington but haven't been back in several years. Guess I am going to have to look into it for next year. Looks like a good time for a good cause.

Great scenery. It's been about 40-45 years since I've been in eastern Washington, having lived at Fairchild AFB near Spokane as a kid. Drove through Wilbur on the way to Grand Coulee Dam. Great area!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross