Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI, South Africa- Northwest Province
I’m booked for a hunt in September 2020, from what I’m reading , I’m thinking about cutting my loses rather than flying out there and finding out that this outfitter isn’t all that it seems to be.

I’m going to discuss this with my hunting partner and see where we go from here.

If we decide to cancel, I’ll see if we can get a refund. If not, then it’s another lesson for everyone else thinking about booking with this outfitter.

Theres usually two sides and sometimes three or four to every story. I would let this play out and hear from all sides before making a decision.

Wade J VanGinkel

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I'm booked in 2022,
This is the first negative report I've heard with a few good ones before.
I'm not gonna stress without far more details. The posting member has only made 4 posts in 9 years?
I talk to George frequently via WhatsApp and sent him a message. He always answers promptly and said he will reply here soon with his side of things.

Romania Hunting Outfitters

Sponsor
Since 2018
AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.romaniahuntingoutfitters.com
Media
Articles
Hunted
Romania, Uk, France, Spain
Did this hunt in 2019. Wanted roe and chamois. Never saw a chamois. They never took me to hunt roe.

Had to pay for cab back airport.

Good item: food and local liquor.

Stay safe and we'll.

Dear Sir,

I can understand your frustration after coming home empty-handed after a hunt that you planned and travel the other side of the world for it.

However, no matter how experienced are the local guides and no matter how good is the area, if the weather is not smiling at us chamois hunt is very difficult.

I told you from the beginning that this hunt is done in 2 different areas, the chamois lives in the mountains and roe deer in the hills and flat areas.

The most important, the most difficult and the most expensive is the chamois. One day is enough to get a nice roebuck and I start your hunt with the chamois,

Unfortunately, as you remember the weather was not in your favor so I decided to allocate the last day for chamois hunting too hoping that we will change your luck.

I do not remember exactly, but I am pretty sure my guide as you if you agree with that.

What I don't understand is why you did not ask the guide to call me or you why you did not send me an email after the hunt and told me your opinion.

As for the money for transport, I charge you only the cost of the hunt and not the full price.

Now, if you consider the area has no chamois, I invite you this year or next year in the very same area with the same guide to hunt one more time.
Of course, no charge, all you have to do is to post a hunting report here.

Please believe me I would did the same if you sent me an email or call me after the hunt.

Looking forward for your opinion on this.

PS: Tomorrow is Easter here in Romania so please do not worry if I will not post until Tuesday.

mark-hunter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
What was the time of the year of the hunt? The month?

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England

Now, if you consider the area has no chamois, I invite you this year or next year in the very same area with the same guide to hunt one more time.

Damn, I'll take you up on that offer. :D

Happy Easter George!

Mekaniks

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI, South Africa- Northwest Province
@EMehrer it looks like they are offering you a redo

Dear Sir,

I can understand your frustration after coming home empty-handed after a hunt that you planned and travel the other side of the world for it.

However, no matter how experienced are the local guides and no matter how good is the area, if the weather is not smiling at us chamois hunt is very difficult.

I told you from the beginning that this hunt is done in 2 different areas, the chamois lives in the mountains and roe deer in the hills and flat areas.

The most important, the most difficult and the most expensive is the chamois. One day is enough to get a nice roebuck and I start your hunt with the chamois,

Unfortunately, as you remember the weather was not in your favor so I decided to allocate the last day for chamois hunting too hoping that we will change your luck.

I do not remember exactly, but I am pretty sure my guide as you if you agree with that.

What I don't understand is why you did not ask the guide to call me or you why you did not send me an email after the hunt and told me your opinion.

As for the money for transport, I charge you only the cost of the hunt and not the full price.

Please believe me I would did the same if you sent me an email or call me after the hunt.

Looking forward for your opinion on this.

PS: Tomorrow is Easter here in Romania so please do not worry if I will not post until Tuesday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wanmeitong

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

raamw wrote on neckdeep's profile.
Supply your address so I can get shipping Paypal Friend (no ) fee) is fine
Viral_SIGness wrote on Rifle57's profile.
Great person to deal with. Fast communication and quick shipper!
Sarg wrote on Philippe's profile.
Hello Philippe, did you get my PM that I sent you earlier ?

Regards Mark
raamw wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Can you advise me to properly post pix, sometimes I get it right sometimes not