Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
England, Scotland, Wales, Poland, South Africa, Spain, Germany, USA (Wyoming) and Hungary.
I was out with the camera and switched it onto video mode when I saw this lot. It's like they know they are out of season and safe.

Good sized mob there UKHunter. Could get a few with one shot :)

When do they rut over there?

Cheers,
JWB300

Good sized mob there UKHunter. Could get a few with one shot :)

When do they rut over there?

Cheers,
JWB300

It can vary a lot both up and down the country and locally as to the time they start to rut. As a rule of thumb the rut will be in full swing around mid October.

During the rut the mature bucks will maintain a traditional rutting stand in areas to which the does are attracted. They will defend its territory from other bucks. The bucks are very vocal, groaning and parallel walks to make their presence aware. Conflict will occur between bucks when a mature buck challenges another. Lesser bucks unable to compete with mature bucks will set up 'satellite' stands on the edge of a mature bucks territory to try and intercept the does. Alternatively in areas with low population densities the bucks make seek out receptive does.

Actively rutting bucks cease feeding during the rut and can struggle to recover for the winter.

Here is a good example of a mature Fallow buck rutting:

Stalking Fallow bucks during the rut is a spectacle and I consider myself privileged to be able witness it each year.

Very nice UKHunter!!

Pretty cool ,uk hunter
You are indeed privilaged to witness that each rut.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idahocougs89

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!