Fallow Deer Pictures

Where is the best place to head for Sambar deer?

Anywhere in the Victorian alps, they cover quite a range. Fly into Melbourne, and anwhere two hours north, north east, or east of there is going to put you in prime sambar country. It can be tough going, but beautiful country.

Numbers are on the increase and there's a few decent guides on the sambar too these days.

blacks

IMG_1590.JPG

IMG_1593.JPG

IMG_1595.JPG

IMG_1655.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

I will be out this weekend with the camera for some scouting, in preparation for the rut. It would be rude not to take the rifle along too for some cull animals! Stay tuned.

I picked this up yesterday evening looks like he broke its neck running into strand of barbed wire unusual no tines at rear of palm but wave pattern
P1020253.JPG

P1020254.JPG

South Island, NZ -2015

DSC01007.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross