Extreme Huntress Contest 2015 Erika Bergmark

Ebe.89

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm from Sweden, north of Europe. I hunt between 140-170 days/year mostly by myself and find especially predator hunting interesting. I'm educated Professional Hunter in SA and have been working as a guide in British Columbia. If anyone of you would be interested in an exchange hunt in Sweden you are pleased to contact me.

However, I've been nominated to Extreme Huntress Contest, a competition where 6 finalists from the whole world will compete and make a hunting programe for NBC-Sports in Texas/USA in July. If you wanna put a vote on me that would be great.

http://www.extremehuntress.com/vote/, scroll at the bottom of the page.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Erika Bergmark

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to have you back on AH after a couple of years Erika.

Good luck in the contest.

What are you guiding in BC?

What can be hunted in Sweden?

Hunting Texas in July...

Well I remember one summer here in Texas when it was so hot and dry that the buzzards were carrying canteens of water as they flew across country.:)

Erika, I hope you get a chance to come to this great state!

Glad to have you back on AH after a couple of years Erika.

Good luck in the contest.

What are you guiding in BC?

What can be hunted in Sweden?

Thank you Brickburn.

It was last fall I guided moose and bear hunters but just for a short period, I had to go back to Sweden in november to continue my education at university. One year left.

I have two barking bird dogs that you hunt capercaillie and black grouse with. About 9 min into the clip you can see a scenario how it may be like.

Bird hunting maybe don't sounds too interesting but this is an exciting way of hunting if you ask me :)

I would like to hunt turkey somewhere in future since we don't have them here.

Hunting Texas in July...

Well I remember one summer here in Texas when it was so hot and dry that the buzzards were carrying canteens of water as they flew across country.:)

Erika, I hope you get a chance to come to this great state!

Thanks. Yes, I've heard that it can be hot weather over there. Nothing that I'm use to but I would like to experience Texas with all that it means :) I'm grateful for every vote.

Hi Erica, Best of luck in your quest.

I have voted as i usually do, however none of the past vote getter have won.

Maybe you will break the string...

I like it when a person makes a direct sales pitch and that, i am being asked to vote for an individual.

Good luck on your adventure. Nice to see a lot more ladies getting involved!

erika-bergmark-2015-extreme-huntress-winner.jpg

Erika Bergmark earns title of Extreme Huntress 2015
On Friday Dec. 16, 2014 all six Extreme Huntress™ finalists reconvened in Dallas, Texas to find out who would be crowned the new 2015 Extreme Huntress. A lively crowd of 1,300 attendees at the annual Dallas Safari Club Convention gathered for the black tie award dinner.
After nine months of competition, Erika Bergmark earned the coveted title of 2015 Extreme Huntress. The 24 year old resident of a small town in Sweden is an avid and passionate hunter– sometimes logging over 150 days per year in the field.

Statement from Erika Bergmark:
“I grew up in a small village in the north of Sweden, northern Europe, close to hunting, family and friends. After finishing hunting school I had the opportunity to work at a hunting store, followed dreams and gained new experiences by visiting a ranch in South Africa and took a hunting course. After that I worked for an outfitter in British Columbia and will now soon finish a 5-year education in Forestry and Wildlife Management in Sweden.”
“However, there’s nothing like hunting back at home and never underestimate a challenge with a scoop of determination. I believe our greatest victory is in the outdoors and by that I hope everybody out there can feel like a winner. Show animals respect beside wise and sustainable wildlife management together with lots of hunting joy is a great way of life, hopefully many more generations will take part in and enjoy.”

This is nice, but on other hand it would be interesting to know how many of you Gentlemen would seriously agreed to put your life in the hands of a female ph on a dangerous game hunt ??

Did you Erika receive your PG permit after a typical 2 weeks South African course, or do you holding s dangerous game ph permit ?

Best wishes,
Gordon

This is nice, but on other hand it would be interesting to know how many of you Gentlemen would seriously agreed to put your life in the hands of a female ph on a dangerous game hunt ??

Did you Erika receive your PG permit after a typical 2 weeks South African course, or do you holding s dangerous game ph permit ?

Best wishes,
Gordon
As long as the lady was certified and licensed I wouldn't have a problem with it. I put my life in the hands of fellow officers that are female everyday. There are many female officers that are damn good cops, I don't see this as any different.

id hunt with a female P.H , no worries ,
in fact I will be this September , all beit plains game , and a crocodile hopefully .
but if there was a girl guide on a buffalo or lion hunt , that would not be an issue

My question was not mean to be negative at all, only that I'm a bit old fashioned and was hunting professional back when names like "white hunters" was used.

During last PHASA meeting at Mpekweni the question was highly ventilated regarding -Professional Body Status-.

Today a client never know what is waiting on the airport... can be a new examined PH that hold the same status as a old fox with 45 years experience. I can not for my life understand comments like from Gizmo : As long as the lady was certified and licensed I wouldn't have a problem with it.

CERTIFIED and LICENCED : This mean that a 18 years before (was 21 y/o) boy/girl after a two weeks ph course in SA can juridical receive a dangerous game permit after spending 60 days with a PH...

The most important as a PH is to always secure the client, and this can be done with experience., its therefore I really prefer the old system when a young PH should learning the work as a assistance PH during 3 years before a license was earned, I also know that it's still a very much "man dominated" profession and girls like Natasha Illum-Berg had a enormous tough time to provide her license and also later on hard to survive as a ph, now she is running a TV program instead.

Furthermore I must be frankly to say that I never was very attractive to the idea to have a female police officer protecting people and taxpayers when there is criminals with double the size and strength, I simply do not understand the point ?

I did ask my wife, and she say the same regarding the police...

Best regards, Gordon

Last edited:

To answer your question: In a heart beat.
Competence is not gender based in my experience.
The two female students in my PH course did better than some of the men, in scholastic matters and the practical.

Gordon, can you explain how Gender will make one iota of difference with a charging anything?
My trigger is set at three pounds. I think anyone could pull it.
Shooting straight is the only way to stop the charge.

Perhaps the advantage of gender is having a larger thicker PH in the way when the lion charges.
It would provide the lion with something more substantial to chew on before deciding to turn to me.

CERTIFIED and LICENCED : This mean that a 18 years before (was 21 y/o) boy/girl after a two weeks ph course in SA can juridical receive a dangerous game permit after spending 60 days with a PH...

The most important as a PH is to always secure the client, and this can be done with experience., .........

They have to get 60 days Dangerous game hunting. That will probably take at least three years duration in a busy outfit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg