Website
bosendal.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
PHASA, SA Hunter & Conservation
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana
We have two wild lionesses available for the 2017 season. The hunt will take place in the Limpopo province near Hoedspruit. These are completely wild lion and move freely between properties.
The trophy is fully exportable to the US. The property we will hunt is 8000hectares big 5 reserve and at any given time there is about 17 lion on the property.
The hunt will be by means of tracking.
The special is for 12 days for one hunter including one lioness trophy.
Total price $19900. Trophy fee of $9500 only payable when successfull.

Observers can be added at $150

5b69e5e831d3e2ef98a79f46e6efbccc.jpg

The price include transport to and from airport
Accomodation for 1 hunter
All meals and drinks
Lisence and permit cost
Field preperation of trophy

Excluded
All accommodation and meals outsode of safari area
Taxidermy and shipping cost
Tips to staff

Please feel free to contact me regarding this.

All the best

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be a awesome hunt, a real wild lion!!

Oh man! anyone that has wanted to hunt lion and bring back the trophy better jump on this one. First importable I have seen in a couple of years(y)

Interesting area to hunt.

Can you please advise on how you are going to get an Export permit and the related US Import permit for the lions.
At the present time, there are no permits being issued.

This is not a captive bred lion. And i believe that wild lions are importable to the US? Please correct me if i am wrong and share the info you have regarding the importation/or not of wild lions. Thank you in advance?

This is the important part from the link you posted I believe:

As for other lion-range countries, Ashe says USFWS is still reviewing permit applications for those areas. The four African nations, Mozambique, Namibia, Zambia, and Zimbabwe, will only receive permits to import sport hunted lion trophies if USFWS receives sufficient evidence of the long term benefits to their wild lion populations.

As far as I know, no one has received a permit under the new rules, but I could be wrong. The other thing that comes into big play I believe is Trump winning the election. So far he's been busier with other things deemed much more important than us hunters, but I do have hope at the moment that there will be changes at USFWS. But we won't know that for another few months minimum would be my guess.

You are absolutely correct Phil, no permits issued to date.
The article from Asche speaks to the ESA regulations which are not related to USFWL or CITES regulations. All, however, is dependent upon USFWL approving the management plan of the country of export. To date, there are no country approvals including yet for South Africa. We have been working with USFWL in this regard but no news to report yet.
Best,
Robert

Thanks Robert and Phil. It is confusing if you read this part of the link
"On October 20, Director of US Fish & Wildlife Service (USFWS) Dan Ashe announced the decision regulating the import of sport-hunted lion trophies under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) from South Africa. The United States will not allow the import of lion trophies taken from captive lion populations in South Africa. However, wild and wild-managed lions from South Africa will receive import permits."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross