AH enthusiast
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.dksafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, International Professional Hunter's Association, Professional Hunter's Association of South Africa, South Africa Predator Association.
Hunted
Botswana, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Argentina, USA.
aeroplane.jpg

De Klerk Safaris privately owns 67,025 acres (27,927 hectares) with over 6000 head of game in 30 different species. De Klerk Safaris is owned and operated by Hans and Marié de Klerk.

full

De Klerk Safaris main headquarters is situated in the Kalahari Desert in South Africa. The Kalahari Desert is a very unique eco system and it is famous for its huge black maned lions, enormous gemsbuck, springbuck and other desert species. The 2 lodges owned by De Klerk Safaris are about 2 hours drive apart and offers clients a choice between different areas and species.

map.jpg

About Our Operation

KLERK SAFARIS owns two different lodges. The two lodges are about 125 miles (200km) apart.

Wilzenau Lodge: The lodge in the east is built on the ranch Wilzenau and can accommodate 10 people. Wilzenau lodge consist of 5 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. The eastern area is a higher rainfall area with a higher carrying capacity per acre. Therefore there is a bigger variety of species in the eastern area.

full

Robert Lodge: The lodge in the west is built on the ranch Robert and can accommodate 8 people in 4 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. The western area is a lower rainfall area with less species but where the desert species like red hartebeest, gemsbuck, springbuck and blue wildebees thrive in their thousands.

Each lodge offers all the amenities needed such as air conditioned rooms, en-suite bathrooms, comfortable beds, daily laundry service, fully stocked bar, swimming pool, dining room and fireplace. The rooms are tastefully decorated with African art and décor. Wi-Fi is available at a nominal fee depending on amount of data used.

full

Accommodations

full

Guests are hosted in luxurious thatched lodges, hotels, guesthouses or traditional tented camps depending in which area you choose to tour.

De Klerk Safaris has a beautiful lodge with swimming pool, 4 chalets (each with its own private en-suite bathroom), “Lapa” with a fully stocked bar, barbecue area and separate fire pit, all under thatched roofs. A maximum of 8 guests can be accommodated on a fully inclusive basis. De Klerk Safaris offers a very unique and personal experience, assuring clients total exclusivity and flexibility in their safaris.

full

Accommodations are considerate of the whole family, with running hot and cold water, flush toilets and electricity. By limiting each safari to one group at a time, we can ensure personalized attention as well as flexibility on your safari.

Mouthwatering full breakfasts and brunches and lunches are served. Dinner will be served under the stars. Cuisine is traditional South - African dishes and is complemented by a selection of our excellent wines. Your requirements will be catered for as far as possible with prior notification.

Complimentary bottled water is provided every day, with all meals and during game viewing excursions. It is most important in those regions with unreliable tap water and warm climates.

Laundry is done on a daily basis so there is no need to pack a lot of clothes.

full

Safety and security issues are monitored by our staff. We are available on a 24 hour basis. De Klerk Safaris employs only professional guides with years of experience, who know the wild animals and their behavior. Your safety and comfort is our greatest concern.

Hunting

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Kalahari Buffalo

full

Hunting Mozambique

full

full

Rhino Dart Hunt

full

Kalahari Leopard

full

De Klerk Safaris works closely with conservationists to ensure that ethical values are served on all our programs. We are dedicated to the preservation of wild animals and habitats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great intro- looks like you run a very nice operation. Some very nice trophies in the photos- especially your lions!

I think that's the first photo I've seen of someone holding up a Lioness as if it was a leopard. I bet it wasn't easy!

Hello Rinehart
Yes it was quite an operation to get that photo.
The lioness was HUGE as you can see on the photo.
So we were 4 people that picked her up and held her up as high as possible.
The client stepped in and grabbed her around the middle and then we jumped away quickly so we can get a photo.
We only got one good photo and after that could not repeat it again as either we were too tired to pick her up high enough or the client could not hold her long enough for another photo.
Thanks for your feedback.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Very nice black maned lions! All nice trophies!
A croc and caracal are on my affordable bucket list and you have some very nice ones!

Thank you sir.
Let me know when the time is right and I will work out a good quote for you.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Excellent. Sounds like a great outfit.
Thank you sir.
Our goal is to give every client an excellent safari.
Testament to this is the amount of clients we get that re-book year after year.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Some hunting pics from the hunting season

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Very nice photos. Are the croc and hippo exportable to the USA?

Long time client Russell and Mindy. Wonderful to have you with us. Next generation learning. Well done Yvan De Klerk.

full

full

full

full

full

Another successful hunt with father and son clients hunting with father and son Hans and Yvan De Klerk. Congratulations on beautiful trophies.

full

full

full

full

full

full

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!