Exceptional Leopard from the Eastern Cape mauls dogs man - Graphic Content

Hi Marius
No disrespect on your post, (very informative to the general hunting public), but just my two cents on the topic.
I highly doubt that weight, not that I am saying that they intentionally lied, I just think their scale is way off. That cat is absolutely huge, but I do not think it weighed as much as claimed. My guess from seeing a few dead ones and weighing them, is that that leopard weighes around 78 to 86kg. Thats around 180 to 200 pounds MAX.

Thanks for sharing the story Marius. Glad the hound man survived. Hope the wounds don't go septic.

Never heard of a leopard weighing that much before. It is definitely fat. Unless the man holding the cat is over two meters tall, I might have to agree with Karl in regards to the scales. It is still an enormous leopard.

Hi Marius
No disrespect on your post, (very informative to the general hunting public), but just my two cents on the topic.
I highly doubt that weight, not that I am saying that they intentionally lied, I just think their scale is way off. That cat is absolutely huge, but I do not think it weighed as much as claimed. My guess from seeing a few dead ones and weighing them, is that that leopard weighes around 78 to 86kg. Thats around 180 to 200 pounds MAX.

Karl,

Weren't you attacked by a leopard and didn't you kill, or one of your guys kill it with a knife?

We would all love to hear your story.

Hope that fellow didn't have some facial nerves cut either in the attack or the repair work. That left side looks like it may be essentially paralyzed.

Hi Marius

I'm not the investigator. Just the messenger.

Karl,

Weren't you attacked by a leopard and didn't you kill, or one of your guys kill it with a knife?

We would all love to hear your story.

Legend has it that Karl attacked the Leopard. Leopard didn't make it.

Legend has it that Karl attacked the Leopard. Leopard didn't make it.

Kind of heard the same thing. More like he killed it with his bare hands. Knife just shortened the inevitable and saved a few stitches.

I suspect the same thing Red leg, most definitely nerve damage.

I hunted that property in September. It's not surprising there are leopards living there as the property is huge with great habitat and plentiful game. Well wishes to everyone involved and a speedy recovery.

This actually happend couple of days ago in Alicedale where I live, in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. The action took place on a neighbouring farm, when they were running the pack of dogs as they use to do every week to control Lynx and Jackal. The dogs bumped into this big leopard and aperently the cat attacked the Dogs man when he went to check what was going on. Luckly, Dale was nearby carring a 222 rifle and could fire a shot putting the cat down and saving "Mike". "Mike" was very lucky saving his live thanks to this brave young guy who stood his ground and manage to get a head shot on this cat at 5m from him with a vermin control caliber.

Hope he waited until the victims head was out of the cats mouth.
Not a fun position to be in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross