Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
SCI, SHAC, RW Guild
Hunted
Norway, Sweden, Poland, South Africa
I am in the making of a new trophy room and have just recieved my latest trophies. I did European mounts out of all of them except a full mount of a steenbuck. Here are some pics:

Attachments

• i55223329._szt5_.jpg
    i55223329._szt5_.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 232
  • i55223632._szt5_.jpg
    i55223632._szt5_.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 227
  • i55223451._szt5_.jpg
    i55223451._szt5_.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 214
  • i55223078._szt5_.jpg
    i55223078._szt5_.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 213
  • i55222958._szt5_.jpg
    i55222958._szt5_.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 230
  • i55222849._szt5_.jpg
    i55222849._szt5_.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 237
  • i55223856._szt5_.jpg
    i55223856._szt5_.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 217
  • i55224008._szt5_.jpg
    i55224008._szt5_.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 205
  • i55221811._szt5_.jpg
    i55221811._szt5_.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 216
I thought Euro mounts might take up less room!
Not when they are that big.
At least they are closer to the wall than shoulder mounts.

Looking good.

Looks real good. I prefer shoulder mounts but that is personal preference. Love the Eland.

With limited room euro mounts allow flexibility that shoulder mounts do not.

I like your lay out.

I also look at only a few (1 or 2) shoulder mounts for each safari. the others are euro or just bleached skulls to be place around the room.

Thanks for the pictures, the mounts look very nice!

Very nicely done, I really like the layout and the backing of the room.

Very nice Wolverine. You've convinced me that when I get an Eland, I'm going with a Euro mount. Adding a nice sized picture from the hunt underneath it and you have a much less expensive preservation of the memory.

I like the way the Euro mount also shows just how long the Warthog's tusks really are.

Wolverine, first off I like the mounts. My next trip I will do skull mounts only. Did the skulls come with the wall mount or did you buy/make them? I have a skull mount that needs put up, and I haven't seen any bought ones I like.

Thanks everybody! RickB, the skull came finished mounted on the shields. I have other trophies with shields I have made my self. The main thing are finding nice wood and then its not that much work.

Bunch of nice mounts Wolverine. Another benefit to European's is they are finished mounts and do not have to go to a USDA approved facility when arriving in the US. Another cost savings.

Very nice Wolverine, thanks for sharing!

Nice layout, all of mine are also euro mounts, a question of available space !

I like the idea of a European mount on an eland. I am doing a shoulder mount on my kudu but he most likely will have to be in the stairway to the basement. Does a wall pedestal mount allow for the mounting of large heads on say an eight foot ceiling? I turned down a long horned female oryx and toke a young 29in male with heavy horns mostly because of my trophy rooms 8ft ceilings.

I know a oryx are a trophy eighter sex, but in my head a 29' bull are a better trophy anyway. I took a bull even knowing the cows have longer horns.

I like the idea of a European mount on an eland. I am doing a shoulder mount on my kudu but he most likely will have to be in the stairway to the basement. Does a wall pedestal mount allow for the mounting of large heads on say an eight foot ceiling? I turned down a long horned female oryx and toke a young 29in male with heavy horns mostly because of my trophy rooms 8ft ceilings.

Eland definitely takes alot of room up as a shoulder mount.

A wall pedistal will take up about the same space as a shoulder mount, sticking out slightly more but using the same vertically and horizontally. What you can do is get it mounted with the head lowered a bit (full sneak), this would look best on a wall pedistal and 8' is no problem.

I love European mounts as well as shoulder/full mounts. I think both look great. European mounts provide a lovely look, and some different options are also available sometimes.

Your mounts look really great, thank you for sharing them with us.

I love them Wolverine. They look awesome. I have been doing euro mount on all my NA trophies for some time now.
I plan on euro's for Africa as well.

Looks real good, just love the spiral horns that are euro mounted. The savings on euro mounts almost saves you enough for your next safari!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg