European mount plaque...where to get them

HTXHunter

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
I have a mouflon I shot that I had a European mount done on it and it is peeling. I was curious as to where to buy the plaques that are the English style that are carved pieces? Any help would be great, and I would like to get a cheaper one as this is my first "large" animal I shot when I was in the 8th grade and it's a pretty small specimen

IMG_5448.JPG
IMG_5449.JPG
IMG_5450.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have purchased plaques from Elen Importing. First quality, but you pay for it. The warthog plaques are amazing.

image.jpeg
Here's some I'm working on today. Trouble with flat plaques and Rams is the curl hitting the wall. Stay away from the ones made with Mdf also, or they will just peel again.
Rams also look good on a table pedestal
I don't do the cnc carved ones but if you can't find one shoot me a pm and I can make one that fits your ram. All these are for local taxidermists with hunters having better early season luck than this guy.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

@Jody those all look great.

I recommend ordering from @Jody! I've got a couple of sets of his African game animal coasters and the workmanship is top notch.

Also, by buying from him, all proceeds go to a good cause- Jody's next safari!

I recommend ordering from @Jody! I've got a couple of sets of his African game animal coasters and the workmanship is top notch.

Also, by buying from him, all proceeds go to a good cause- Jody's next safari!

+1 I totally agree!

Another option is mounting the skulls to a wall without a plaque.

Jody as with everything you make these mounts look great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpstracking

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg