ETS

ETS

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Dear Hunter,

We decided to join africanhunting.com to offer its members a chance to experience Africa the way it was intended. We read so many forums about Hunters who are unhappy with services received from establishments in South Africa who seem to be interested in only one thing, taking your hard earned cash.
Do not get me wrong, Hunting in Africa is costly and as with most dreams, to reach them you have to be willing to spend some money. The beauty of this particular dream is that you do not have to go into it blindly. You can ask the questions before hand and if your dealing with reputable companies, they would be able to tell you how much this dream will set you back. From the hunt to the Taxidermy/Dipping and even the export of your trophies from Africa.
When your dream hunt is over, be sure you know what is happening to your trophies, who will process them and who will arrange the export. You as the Hunter have the right to choose each of these services and ask for second and third options/estimates. You can contact us even before your hunt to get an estimated price for the forwarding of your trophies or for any questions you may have regarding paperwork, hidden costs, services etc.
We deliver your dreams!
Regards,
Andrew Edwards
Managing Member

Hi and welcome. Sure the members will make use of your input.

Welcome to AH Andrew!

Welcome to AH Andrew

Welcome to AH, I will be travelling there next year and have been researching shipping companies and everything else. I may get in contact with you concerning some quotes.
Dear Hunter,

We decided to join africanhunting.com to offer its members a chance to experience Africa the way it was intended. We read so many forums about Hunters who are unhappy with services received from establishments in South Africa who seem to be interested in only one thing, taking your hard earned cash.
Do not get me wrong, Hunting in Africa is costly and as with most dreams, to reach them you have to be willing to spend some money. The beauty of this particular dream is that you do not have to go into it blindly. You can ask the questions before hand and if your dealing with reputable companies, they would be able to tell you how much this dream will set you back. From the hunt to the Taxidermy/Dipping and even the export of your trophies from Africa.
When your dream hunt is over, be sure you know what is happening to your trophies, who will process them and who will arrange the export. You as the Hunter have the right to choose each of these services and ask for second and third options/estimates. You can contact us even before your hunt to get an estimated price for the forwarding of your trophies or for any questions you may have regarding paperwork, hidden costs, services etc.
We deliver your dreams!
Regards,
Andrew Edwards
Managing Member

Welcome to AH, Andrew !

Welcome to AH Andrew.

Perhaps you can run a few scenarios for us right here in this thread??!!

Andrew, welcome to AH!

+1 to Bricks request!

Dear Sir,
Thank you for the reply and the interest shown. We look forward to hearing from you. All the best with your African Safari.
Regards,
Andrew Edwards

A big thanks to everyone who took the time to welcome us to AH. Truly appreciate it.
Andrew Edwards

For Brickburn, RickB & Anyone else interested, Following this post, we will prepare some typical examples of what we can offer Hunter's so that they can budget for their entire Safari accordingly. Before I begin, let me just say that we are not an outfitter or a Taxidermy. We are a Forwarding Agent who specialize in the export of Hunting Trophies. We do not take commissions from any outfitters, Taxidermists or any other parties involved in the process of getting Hunter's trophies home.We have over the past 10 years built up very good relations with Hunting outfitters, PH's, Taxidermists and clients worldwide which allows us to offer you a comprehensive door to door estimate. We also offer a fully comprehensive Insurance cover for the transit of your trophies from the Taxidermy to your door. The only thing we cannot include in your Safari Budget are Airfares. This you will unfortunately have to take care of completely separately. Maybe one day (in a perfect world) when Airlines offer Hunters special discounts we can start making deals with the Airlines to include these fees as well. Andrew Edwards

For Brickburn, RickB & Anyone else interested,
Following this post, we will prepare some typical examples of what we can offer Hunter's so that they can budget for their entire Safari accordingly. Before I begin, let me just say that we are not an outfitter or a Taxidermy. We are a Forwarding Agent who specialize in the export of Hunting Trophies. We do not take commissions from any outfitters, Taxidermists or any other parties involved in the process of getting Hunter's trophies home.
We have over the past 10 years built up very good relations with Hunting outfitters, PH's, Taxidermists and clients worldwide which allows us to offer you a comprehensive door to door estimate. We also offer a fully comprehensive Insurance cover for the transit of your trophies from the Taxidermy to your door. The only thing we cannot include in your Safari Budget are Airfares. This you will unfortunately have to take care of completely separately. Maybe one day (in a perfect world) when Airlines offer Hunters special discounts we can start making deals with the Airlines to include these fees as well.
Andrew Edwards

Look forward to your examples.

First scenario Let's say you have never Hunted in Africa but have a dream of an African Safari

- Let us know what your perfect African Safari would entail, in other words what animals would you like to hunt, how many people would you like to bring along on the trip etc. (we will ask you if there is additional information we need)
- Decide how you would like to trophies mounted, i.e. shoulder mounts, skull mounts, tanned skins etc. Remember you have the option of sending the trophies back simply dried and salted but for this particular exercise we will assume youæ± e having it mounted in South Africa.
- Give us the correct delivery address with postal/zip codes etc.

With the above information we can now put together a complete estimate on all the services from your Hunt to your wall.

We will get some prices on a Hunting package that will be specified to your Hunting needs. For arguments sake let's say the package is estimated at US$10000 (Just keeping a round figure so I do not have to pull out the old calculator for this exercise)

We will do the same thing with the Taxidermy costs and put together an estimated price for the total Taxidermy fees. Let's call it US$7000

Based on your taxidermy specifications, we can estimate the crate size (volume) and weight and with your delivery address we can now calculate the shipping costs and Insurance premium. Shipping & freight US$3000 (This may or may not include clearance and delivery services at destination, we will confirm at the time)

This brings the estimated total to US$20000

This however does not mean that you have to pay us US$20000. In fact you don't have to pay anything. This is just an estimate which you can use to work out your budget or use for comparative purposes. We still recommend that you use the tools available to you to find good deals on Hunting, Taxidermy etc. Let's say you find a Taxidermy that can do the work for $5000 then you simply adjust your budget accordingly.

When the time is right and you decide that you want to go ahead with the booking, we will put you in contact with the respective firms directly and you will book with them and discuss the finer details of your trip, Hunting and Taxidermy needs. Keep in mind that prices go up by an average of about 10 to 12% annually so you can easily adjust your budget if youæ± e only planning the trip in a year or more.

You will not be obligated to use us or any of the companies from which we got prices to prepare this estimate. We offer this service to Hunters for free. We simply want you the Hunter to be fully prepared and aware of what charges you could face from the respective parties involved in getting your trophies home.

Edward here is a good scenario to work with. A new member was searching for information.
Although not the largest segment of the membership (Kiwis), it will still be instructive.

Small shipment.
Let's assume the hunter gets only large specimens. (Kiwis are demanding trophy hunters :) )

......cost of getting your mounts back home, Auckland, New Zealand.
1. Gemsbok shoulder mount,
2. Kudu Shoulder mount
3. Impala European mount...
Skull & Horns on a plaque.

Packing:
Crate Material,
Volumetric Weight, (Dimensions)
Cost?

Shipping:
Rates $/kg, Air Freight & Ocean Freight
What carrier options are there?
Do you have a preferred carrier?
Time lines for this shipment?
Consolidated or scheduled

Paperwork:
What docs are required?
Vet, export permit,
Cost?
What special issues are there for importing into New Zealand?

Insurance Costs:
Rates? Based on declared value?
Valuation of trophies for claims?
Have you ever had losses claimed?
How long did it take to settle the claim?
Claims process?

Second scenario You have already booked your safari and would like to find out how much everything else is going to cost you or;
You have already hunted and would like help getting your trophies home

It works the same as the first scenario, send us as much information as you can or wish to share. We will use the information to prepare an estimate giving you a worst case scenario break down of charges to follow.

We will also explain the processes and steps that will follow and explain that certain services may or may not be required.

Example: Insuring your trophies is something that you may or may not have considered and we will explain the why's the why not's and exactly how trophy Insurance is calculated and how you would go about claiming in the unlikely event that something did go wrong with your trophies.

There cannot be many things worse for a hunter than to lose his trophies at the last hurdle of getting them home just because someone did not cross all the t's and dotted all their i's.

Let us help you deliver your trophies so that the memories of your African Safari and dreams can sit on your wall for your viewing pleasure anytime you wish to remember.

Dear BRICKBURN,
Thank you for giving me an example to work with, it is perfect. Please allow me some time however to gather all the necessary rates and information I will need to prepare an estimate. We also do not export for the Kiwis everyday :)
One question, before I continue: are the horns on the Kudu & Oryx mounts loose or affixed. This will obviously make a huge difference in the ultimate crate size. If however youæ± e not sure (a Hunter may not know when asking for a quote) I will work on a worse case scenario and assumed that they are affixed.

Dear BRICKBURN,
Thank you for giving me an example to work with, it is perfect. Please allow me some time however to gather all the necessary rates and information I will need to prepare an estimate. We also do not export for the Kiwis everyday :)
One question, before I continue: are the horns on the Kudu & Oryx mounts loose or affixed. This will obviously make a huge difference in the ultimate crate size. If however you豎 e not sure (a Hunter may not know when asking for a quote) I will work on a worse case scenario and assumed that they are affixed.

If they are affixed I am going to fire the taxidermist or be asking for his subsidy of the shipping.

I think you can go for a smaller crate size.

Andrew I sent you a PM looking for some shipping info

If they are affixed I am going to fire the taxidermist or be asking for his subsidy of the shipping.

There is an option? Pardon my ignorance, but what happens here? Do you screw them on when they arrive? I've never thought about this...

Ditto!

Brick....good example with detailed costs.

Andrew....Welcome to AH. :welcome: Look forward to your knowledge and participation.

Royal....the horns will slip off of the core. The core will be cut off at around 8" and the horns will slip back over the core when you get the crate. The crate will be half the size by doing it this way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross