LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
So when recently looking at deal on AH, I did some price checks with flights and one of the better price and timing wise flights from Dulles into Zimbabwe was Ethiopian Airlines. Has anyone ever flown with them? Would there be any issues with the gun transfer in Addis Ababa? Any information would be really helpful!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
@LivingTheDream ,

I flew on Ethiopian 2 years ago when I went to Rwanda and Uganda, same route from Dulles. They are a legit airline, IMO just as nice as any other carrier. They were the third airline company in the world the have a 787 Dreamliner in their fleet, which is what I flew on, it was nice! And their price is as good as or better than others. I cant give any opinion or experience about gun transfer through Addis, but hopefully someone here can.

LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
@LivingTheDream ,

I flew on Ethiopian 2 years ago when I went to Rwanda and Uganda, same route from Dulles. They are a legit airline, IMO just as nice as any other carrier. They were the third airline company in the world the have a 787 Dreamliner in their fleet, which is what I flew on, it was nice! And their price is as good as or better than others. I cant give any opinion or experience about gun transfer through Addis, but hopefully someone here can.

Really good to hear. They have great flight options and are part of the STAR alliance so I could potentially use my miles. There seems to be a lot of upside but with all of the trouble hunters are having with airlines, I am just wondering if this a too good to be true situation.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
I would fly them again no problem

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
I have flown them intracontinent with no issues. Have no issue with flying them again.

I have not flown them with firearms or on transoceanic flights, so can't help you there.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Like how much better is their price?

laststand

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA Life endow.
Hunted
Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Zambia, Mozambique, Botswana, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Really good to hear. They have great flight options and are part of the STAR alliance so I could potentially use my miles. There seems to be a lot of upside but with all of the trouble hunters are having with airlines, I am just wondering if this a too good to be true situation.[/QUO

I always use miles to Africa. My last trip with United miles, I was routed through Addis Ababa to Jo-Berg. I flew United to Chicago then Ethiopian rest of the way. First time on Dreamliner, very nice. No problem with firearms.

LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
All good things. Might have to look harder at them in the future.

@CAustin seems a couple hundred or so but I am more interested in the ability to use my miles which makes it even way more awesome!

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
I understand the miles for sure! Use them myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandallPla

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh