Ethiopian Airlines Travel

Mountaineer

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Has anyone flown with Ethiopian Airlines from Washington DC to Ethiopia in the last few months. When I booked the flight last night it stated new seating. Just wondering how comfortable the new seats are.

Flew them in December 22 to Zim. Business Class, but it was the same plane they have been flying last couple of years. Did not look specifically in coach so can’t answer if anything changed there. Nothing in business though was different.

Often times it is hard to get this type of info. First of all you need the type of plane and then go to Seat Guru, The Points Guy, Paddle Your Own Kanoo, or other aviation sources. YouTube has been helpful to me. You will want to search airline, plane type, and route and see what comes up.

I am headed from Chicago to Harare on Ethiopian with a stop over in Addis in Business class/Cloud 9 next month (May 2023). Has anyone had any issues with Tuffpacks on this flight/airline recently? The bag is technically oversized (77 linear inches vs 63 allowance as stated on their website). I am hoping they don't try and charge me an extra fee for it. I called them twice, but it's impossible to get a straight answer from them.

Also, I read in various places that you need to declare a firearm to Ethiopian Airlines a few days ahead of the flight. Again, when I called the airline, they said that I don't need to do this and just need to declare it when I arrive at the airport. But they didn't sound very convinced. Please let me know if anyone has run into the need to do this, specifically with Ethiopian.

Thanks!

As of July 2022 you did not need to notify Ethiopian about bringing a firearm. You will need several copies of their firearms declaration form and US custom 4457 form filled out upon arrival at the airport. Having these filled out will save a bunch of time and create a grateful attendant checking you in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!