Ethiopian Air Customer Service

sammo

AH member
Reaction score
Media
My wife, myself, my brother-in-law and his wife flew on Ethiopian Air to Victoria Falls on April 23 this year. The flights were fine without any problems. The food was OK. When we arrived at Vic Falls we discovered that our luggage didn't make it. We filed the lost luggage paperwork and were informed that the luggage should arrive the next day. The next day we were told it should be the next day. We had several text and phone exchanges with Ethiopian Air airport people. We also went to the Ethiopian Air office in Vic Falls several times . I finally received my luggage on the 5th day. The others received their luggage on day four. We were told by EA reps that all our luggage had been put into the wrong container in Chicago. We survived. We bought a few pieces of clothing to make do. We realized that we could get by with a lot less than what we had packed in our luggage. Eleven days into our trip ( May 3 ) while we were at Matopos Safari Lodge we receive a message that my brother-in-law and his wife's return flight scheduled for Saturday May 8 had been canceled. The only flights available were for May 4 or May 11. Because of commitments at home the trip could not be extended for them. It had to be cut short. We had to hire a driver and car to take my in laws back to Vic Falls, a 6 hour drive. We had already paid for the remaining 5 days of accommodations. The car/driver hire, the lost cost of accommodations added up to more than $2000. We talked to EA reps several more times about perhaps getting an upgrade on our return flights to help compensate for our bad experiences with EA. My wife and I went back to the EA office in Vic Falls. While they were nice ,polite, etc. , they did nothing. There were available upgrade seats on the return flights, per the EA rep, but they decided not to compensate us for their mistakes. Ethiopian Air was booking 3 flights per week into Vic Falls even though they could only fill up one. They didn't care because they would just cancel a flight or 2 without any regard to how it affects their customers. Like I said, the flights were fine. The customer service is useless.

Reactions: cls
+1 totally agree that their customer service sucks bigtime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!