ETHIOPIA: Northern Operations Africa 2016

Quite an adventure and excellent report. Thanks!

Wow, excellent adventure and great write up. For what ever reason I had it in my head that you hadn't gone yet and I've been dying to read the report. Fortunately I saw on the Benin thread you had and alas, great read.
This sounds like an excellent adventure though I doubt I'll ever do Ethiopia. Thank you for sharing your experience and wow congrats on some excellent animals. I do have to say your probably the luckiest guy in the universe to have gotten a second chance at the Nyala. I don't know what good karma you've got but feel free to send some my way anytime.

Truly an experience and trip of a lifetime. You had me worried when you "collapsed" under that tree in the desert. If anything had gone wrong there I shutter at the medical attention you would have gotten? But in the end it worked our great. Thank you for the write up, not sure if it helped me put Ethiopia on my list or took it off my list.

I do have to say your probably the luckiest guy in the universe to have gotten a second chance at the Nyala. I don't know what good karma you've got but feel free to send some my way anytime.

I think the luck was the team I had. As I think I said, I'd given up, but my PH and the team never did. But happy to send whatever karma I have left your way!

Truly an experience and trip of a lifetime. You had me worried when you "collapsed" under that tree in the desert. If anything had gone wrong there I shutter at the medical attention you would have gotten? But in the end it worked our great. Thank you for the write up, not sure if it helped me put Ethiopia on my list or took it off my list.

I was worried at the time as well. I do have @Global Rescue, but I have little doubt that getting me out of there would have been more than normally difficult. But I guess that's a risk you take when you try to hunt areas that are further off the beaten path. I, like a whole bunch of people on this site, think it's a risk worth taking. My wife wouldn't agree, I think, if I were to ask. Which is why I don't!

As for going or not going, I get what you mean. While I'm really happy I went, I had to go there for the nyala. Given a range of issues - all of which I hit on - this isn't a country I'd rush back to, unlike many others I've hunted. I do think they take full advantage of the few endemic species they have to extract more than a reasonable amount from hunters. It's mostly that value equation which leaves you thinking "I paid what you asked, but I'm not that happy about it" and when you combine that with the other aspects of the hunt, well, if you don't need a mountain nyala to fill a goal, I'm not sure I see a reason to go.

Wow, that sounds like quite an adventure in every sense of the word. Thank you for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilbert89L

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross