Epic M98 build photo heavy

Career gunmaker.
Hopefully not a problem. Just wanting to give you guys something interesting to look at.
I'm not looking for work.

You certainly succeeded in giving us something interesting to look at. Always amazed with true craftsmanship like this. Great looking piece.

Fantastic work.......... this is the man to go to.

Thanks for the Pics show us more

Very impressive work...very tasteful... (y)

Please show us pics of the .500 Jeffery(s) you made..?

IMG_4044.JPG
IMG_4014.JPG
IMG_4039.JPG
IMG_4064.JPG
IMG_3941.JPG
IMG_3944.JPG

I have photos of a couple 500's I've built, but I also have literally thousands of pictures to sift thru to find them.
Any how this one is a 500 Jeffery built on one of my own actions. I think I finished this one back in about '13 or '14. I feeds that 500 Jeffery round like a charm. A man's just gotta love that 500 Jeffery, that thing is a sheer powerhouse in my opinion. This one I milled the sights integral to the barrel express style and the front bridge has been set up to take a Trijicon RMR. Dirk Shimmel over in Gillette Wyoming was making the bases for the RMR, not real sure if he still does. In any event the bottom of the Shimmel mount is designed to attach to a Talley 1/2 inch wide dovetail. To me this seems a super slick way to mount a red dot on a rifle of any size for close up work in the field on game. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Some impressive wood there. Thanks for taking the time to post some of what you do. Looks like first class work from someone that not knows how to do it but also really cares. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

The duplicator is great tool invaluable as far as I'm concerned. I've made my fair share of stocks from a blank. Time saved can be measured in terms of days. Plus, it's actually fun to run.

the question begging to be asked.....
Will you make a stock for someone from a blank already purchased?

Back to the 338. It's been in a holding pattern for the last month or so while it awaits its time slot for engraving. I shoot every rifle I build both in the white and when it's finished and finalized.
IMG_20191216_1453467_rewind.jpg
IMG_20191216_1455418_rewind.jpg
IMG_20191216_1430078_rewind.jpg
IMG_20191216_1417455_rewind.jpg
IMG_20191216_1417333_rewind.jpg
IMG_20191216_1418136_rewind.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A Master Craftsman! Only work I have personally seen to equal it, maybe, is Jim Cloward in WA state. Stuart no doubt knows of him.

Would love to see more of your m98 actions, both finished and from the production.

That is one beautiful, functional rifle! Thank you for sharing.

@Stuart Satterlee truly a best gun in every way. Amazing quality.

Two questions for you on the build:

1.) was the choice not to do a tang safety an aesthetic one, or are they inferior for magnum builds as pertains to safety/reliability?

2.) any thoughts on inletted pivot mounts on a square bridge versus Talley rings? (I’ve used Talleys as well but want to know your thoughts.)

Thanks for sharing your exquisite skills and taste!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferlaw003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg