Enter the Universe of Double Rifles & Firearms from Verney-Carron

Have not seen the big pic.
Yes,a S+B scope.
S+B is more liked as Swaro here.
No difference in quality, but S+B has the most beautiful shapes.
This rifle has a factory wedge adjustment. However, it was apparently maxed out When regulated to achieve the fifty yard target. Relieving it simply exacerbates the separation problem at 100 meters. I suspect JJ can sort out the regulation, but I need a load that is accurate from both barrels and reasonably close together.

Yes, the straight tube scopes are ideal for doubles and this particular S&B is superb.

This rifle has a factory wedge adjustment. However, it was apparently maxed out When regulated to achieve the fifty yard target. Relieving it simply exacerbates the separation problem at 100 meters. I suspect JJ can sort out the regulation, but I need a load that is accurate from both barrels and reasonably close together.

Yes, the straight tube scopes are ideal for doubles and this particular S&B is superb.
can you show us a 100 m shotpicture

Didn’t take one - besides, would have needed a wide angle lens. OK, maybe not that bad. I’ll sort it out this spring.

Didn’t take one - besides, would have needed a wide angle lens. OK, maybe not that bad. I’ll sort it out this spring.
I just wanted to see where the barrels were shooting.
I have a similar (vertical, not horizontal) problem with my double.
The lower barrel shoots too high.
Correct this with a weaker charge and mark the cartridge that has to go into the lower barrel .
Doubles may be bitchy .

Any updates? Kinda curious about it.

Nope - haven't started to mess with it again yet. I have a couple of other 9.3x74R's that are much better behaved so there is no real urgency. If none of the next group of loads work, I'll find the one that both barrels like, however far apart they may be, and send it to JJ Perodeau for regulation.

For those who have purchased a double rifle from VC, how much customization is allowed? Has anyone opted for some custom features on their VC? If so, how much did that set you back?

I am thinking it would be nice if they could put a splinter forend and round-knob Prince of Wales grip on that round body action with some 28" barrels...

My impression is that they will build whatever you wish within reason. Call Ken Buch (USA distributor) to find out. DM me for the number if you don't have it, seeing that web rules do not allow posting of phone numbers.

So VC is now offering a 700 Nitro - Wonder what that little puppy will set one back? And yes, I know, if I have to ask, I probably can't afford it.

Screenshot_36.jpg

Saint-Etienne acquired its official status as the French gun-making capital under the reign of Louis XV (1715-1774), thanks to the outstanding know-how of its craftsmen.

Screenshot_37.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
VC doubles is becoming quite popular here in South Africa and I know a fair amount of acquaintance who own some and a one who owns a whole range.

Question I have and I have sent VC an email about it a while back with no responce do you work with old pressure maximums or can the new doubles be pushed beyond traditional pressures??
As these days the cases are stronger I was thinking the actions might be too and extra speed could be acquired with reloading and regulating?

Round Body ..

Round Body ..
That seems like a good deal for a nice looking double. If I didn’t have one in the same caliber I would consider purchasing it. I have been happy with my Azur Imperial. She is a shooter as well as a looker.

Regards,

The brand's 200-year anniversary limited series. A great success for this woodcock. Limited to 200 copies.
242717085_1023660138471742_1897633984208040024_n.jpg
242862278_1023660135138409_3328561431831438418_n.jpg
242938503_1023660151805074_455263998063351195_n.jpg
243020694_1023660145138408_2384313698619952311_n.jpg
243022105_1023660125138410_2538814482139323533_n.jpg

That seems like a good deal for a nice looking double. If I didn’t have one in the same caliber I would consider purchasing it. I have been happy with my Azur Imperial. She is a shooter as well as a looker.

Regards,
I had a strong interest in an available Imperial, everything's on hold however here. It's good to hear positive feedback regardless!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.