UNITED KINGDOM: Stalking In Norfolk England

I really enjoyed this report but I'll bet the 2019 Africa hunt report with your new hunting partner will be even better. I'm looking forward to reading it.

I'm sure it'll be a blast! It'll be a little unconventional first hunt because my main target will be Bushpig and warthog. Every thing after that is just a bonus

Cool hunt. Thanks for sharing. (y)

You have a great memory ;) I didn't want the logistical issues of traveling through London with a gun case so went the rental route.

Kind of torn on how to handle Africa trip. Headache free if leave here but also would love to take an impala or something with grandads gun
You could always bring it along to Wyoming and shoot an antelope with it.

I have been thinking about that. I've never really stretched its legs outside 100yds but what an awesome experience it would to take an antelope or deer out there with it. My grandfather was a mason and only ever hunted around his home as a food source for his family. Had a good collection but never had chance to hunt outside CT.

You've got me thinking hard now. I need to look into reloads for the 300savage. It does decent with core Lokt but not amazing at 100yds

I have been thinking about that. I've never really stretched its legs outside 100yds but what an awesome experience it would to take an antelope or deer out there with it. My grandfather was a mason and only ever hunted around his home as a food source for his family. Had a good collection but never had chance to hunt outside CT.

You've got me thinking hard now. I need to look into reloads for the 300savage. It does decent with core Lokt but not amazing at 100yds
Don't work up too much of a sweat over it, we shot 2 nice antelopes this year under 100 yards. It does happen.

Don't see edit option for my original post. Here a couple short videos. They lose some quality when uploaded but can still tell whats going on.

Video of her shot

Walking up on her first animal

I've got a great video of my wife walking up to her zebra- which she had wanted/worried about for a year before delivering a perfect shot at 153 yards. She "petted" it just as Marrah did!

She sounds very similar. Marrah wasn't going to take the shot because she wasn't confident then finally settled in. Happy to see her show restraint and then respect to her first kill but petting and thanking the stag. Was a good day.

I'm sure you and I felt the same satisfaction knowing that we had chosen correctly who to share life's adventures with.

Congrats on the journey with your wife! Fantastic!

@dailordasailor Splendid report glad to know you and Marrah had a good time. I need to get out with Kerrie and Co to get some hunting in soon I'm getting an itchy trigger finger. Keep in touch.

Manish

Was a pleasure to guide you and Marrah mate, well mostly Marrah ha ha.
I love lucky hunters, they make me look good.
Seriously though, had a great time hunting with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg