England Hunting Pictures

Not England but I found this photo in my laptop. Argyll Scotland, close to Dunoon. The toughest stalking I have ever done. Almost mountain climb.

hind and follower.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_4264.jpeg

A large and old Muntjac buck from this weekend. A quick measure puts him at 62.5 CIC points, so he should be a gold medal.

View attachment 567828

A large and old Muntjac buck from this weekend. A quick measure puts him at 62.5 CIC points, so he should be a gold medal.
One of the most interesting hunts I can think of outside of Africa would be an English deer slam!

Its great to see UK game, most of us here stateside (myself formerly included) are ignorant of the varied game available (more deer than we have) except the stereotypical aristocratic fox hunt (thanks Disney). Maybe if the big TV studios would come shoot some heartstring pulling documentaries ha. Thank you for sharing.

PS, if I understood correctly from my brief interactions with UK Sportsmen, venison is marketable there particularly roe unlike in the US?

Its great to see UK game, most of us here stateside (myself formerly included) are ignorant of the varied game available (more deer than we have) except the stereotypical aristocratic fox hunt (thanks Disney). Maybe if the big TV studios would come shoot some heartstring pulling documentaries ha. Thank you for sharing.

PS, if I understood correctly from my brief interactions with UK Sportsmen, venison is marketable there particularly roe unlike in the US?
Yes, a rough outline of how we can do it is you can have a license (which is a relatively easy course to obtain) you can sell your venison to a registered game dealer who then sells onto super markets, restaurants, etc or you can register as a food business and get approval from local council to then butcher and sell your venison directly to end consumers, etc too.

View attachment 567828

IMG_4572.jpeg

Took a few heads for a measure and this chap made gold CIC. My quick measure was also pretty accurate!

Nice, congrats !

Just got this back from the scorers.
Only Bronze if it was a bit more even would have been a big gold. Must try harder lol

img_5454-jpeg.578802

Attachments

• IMG_5454.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross