England Hunting Pictures

Congratulations UKHunter. Nice rifle in my favorite caliber and very nice deer.

Hi Tom,

thank you for the pics
Ive also a Heym SR 20 (in 6,5x57)
Very good weapon.
Yes, and UK is beautiful.
Regards
Foxi

f 1.jpg
F 2.jpg
m 1.jpg

I finally managed to get out for the first time this year on the Roe bucks.
I went out on the evening of the fifteenth, the morning and evening of the sixteenth and shot a buck on each outing.
I accompanied a good friend on the evening of the seventeenth and we saw two old bucks chasing and fighting and he shot both.
On my drive home late that night I also picked up a fresh Road kill Muntjac buck.
A couple of photos.....
IMG_20180516_233540_690.jpg
IMG_20180516_233540_679.jpg
DSC_1097.JPG
DSC_1098.JPG
DSC_1103.JPG

Congratulations on successful hunts.

Thanks for sharing, love that muntjac!

Beautiful pictures of all of you.
Thanks for sharing

Finally managed to get out and do some stalking this last night and morning.
Saw a few bucks yesterday evening but managed to shoot a nice six pointer at 06:45 today.
Waited an hour for him to wander back and forth across a field, stalked to a suitable place, agonised when he disappeared, prayed when he reappeared that he would come my way and he did.
I took these photos and caught a movement from the corner of my eye and two muntjac appeared less than 20 metres away, turned tail and ran back into the woods.
The first time I have ever seen muntjac on my patch.
_20200516_073715.jpeg
DSC_0323.jpeg

A very nice one @Adrian, congrats !

Sounds like you take quite a few animals. Do you have seasons and limits on different species?

Sounds like you take quite a few animals. Do you have seasons and limits on different species?
We have seasons but no limits.
I usually take between five and seven bucks over the summer, depends on weather, movements and if I can get out. At the moment Roe bucks are in which is probably the favourite and most accessible hunting.
The Roe is unusual amongst our deer species because after the rut in July/August, the doe delays the development of the foetus until late winter and they give birth in the spring which give the youngsters the best opportunity to live when food is abundant.
Most of the fawns are very small at this time of year and are hidden and left while the doe goes to feed.

Wrapped up the day with another buck in the exact spot I gralloched the one from this morning.
This is an old buck, representative six pointer with a fly bite or small damage to one antler making it slightly non typical and a nice animal to take.
His territory will be taken by another and hopefully new genes will be spread in the rut later in the summer.
Nice to be out and about and see lots of deer moving around.

DSC_0333.jpeg
DSC_0329.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
And my only Roe buck shot this year from back in August. 2nd Picture next to a CIC medal buck, so looks like he is worth scoring too.

deer 2.jpg
deer 3.jpg

Nice,
Interesting. I did not realise there was so much there. I expected being a small country there is not a lot of areas to hunt or forested areas to have good numbers. Then again I live in a dry area where it would not sustain good numbers of similar species. There are some introduced Fallow thriving in relatively dry areas. Natives are a little different.
Any chance of a hunt report on one of these hunts or a pic of that 102 year old Mauser wit his some history ?

I enjoy the stories as much as the pics.

Hunting with suppressors is interesting. It is not an option Australia. They are heavily restricted but widely used in New Zealand. I used on in Africa, interestingly enough I think most people use ordinary ammo rather than subsonic so while it quietens it it’s not exactly like the silencer you see on TV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzannaVal

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg