England Hunting Pictures

Great photos and good deer's. Wmh.(y)

Managed my first ever red at the very kind invite of a friend last week.

IMG_3519.JPG

Congratulations. Nice invite to receive.

Now you have broken the ice onward and upward.

Very nice trophy sir!

Nice stag!

Like thriller, I'd always just took for granted it that the aristocracy and the landed gentry were the only ones that "may" hunt any at all.

Managed to catch up with my first Roe buck of the season a couple of days ago.
Came out of the woods just as light was fading.
He disappeared in a tucked away corner of the field I was in which enabled me to get into a good position to shoot and when he reappeared he was only about 40m away.
I waited for a broadside shot but he turned towards me and was heading in my direction quartering to my left so I took him with a high shoulder shot while his head was down.

IMG_20170516_001044_627.jpg
IMG_20170516_001044_622.jpg

The following morning I was out early to look for another but came across this little one in a field. I had seen a doe and a very young fawn the previous evening in the same area so I can safely guess this would be the same one.
It's the first time I've come across a tiny fawn left couched down like this. It made my day to see it.

IMG_20170516_064146_969.jpg

IMG_20170516_064146_968.jpg

I managed to shoot another buck last night as well but it had started to rain and haven't got any pics.
I used my Mauser M12 in 30-06 for the first time hunting in the UK.
It's only ever been used in Africa before now.

A few snap shots of some Roe deer and my first Roe buck of the season taken on a friends ground this weekend. He was taken using my friends 102 year old Alex Henry Mauser 98 in .275 Rigby.

roe 1.jpg
roe 2.jpg
roe 3.jpg
roe 4.jpg
roe 5.jpg
roe 6.jpg
roe 7.jpg
roe 8.jpg
roe 9.jpg
roe buck.jpg

Nice buck. Lovely tall head and good thick beams on the antlers.

Nice pics @UKHunter, this hunt is certainly on my list!

Nicely done sir

Nice buck, congrats !

Nice rifle! I had a chance to visit the factory for a tour last spring and they have an amazing operation and product. Also, nice stags!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smits

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber