Empire 416 Rigby magazine feeding issues

Reaction score
Media
Member of
Life DSC, TSRA, Life NRA
Hunted
US, Argentina, Scotland, Austria, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Australia, New Zealand
I'm considering purchasing an Empire 416 Rigby. Seller has stated that factory loads won't fit in the magazine and has discounted accordingly.

My question is whether or not the purchase is worth it. I could set the bullet deeper (seller says only needs ~1mm) or look into shaving a little metal off of the magazine. The action is the proprietary Empire magnum length action so I assume that there is room to remove a little metal. I have zero smith experience so would look to hire a competent gunsmith that works on big bores. If I set deeper, my concern would be on pressure. I don't soup up super hot loads, but still.

Other concern is on the quality of the build. The rifle is beautiful, but I also know that quality dipped towards the end of Empire. Not sure when this one was produced.

Thoughts? Anyone else have any experience with this issue? Thanks in advance.

I can't help you technically but that sounds very odd. Why would someone manufacture a rifle that won't fit factory loads? This also hurts reload possibilities and bullet choice.

IMO there are other 416's out there and probably for less money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RashadSalt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois