Emirates vs Delta, KLM

Hatchetjack

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
This is my second trip to Africa. The first time I flew delta klm to Johannesburg. Someone mentioned flying Emirates through Dubai to Johannesburg. Any opinions or experience on this?

@BWH, your input could be used here.

I'm very curious what people have to on this matter. Emirates is 600$ cheaper from Seattle

I have flown Emirates.... DFW to Dubai to Tambo. It was nothing short of exceptional. On the way back from the hunt we spent three days in Dubai. A very nice city indeed.

Reactions: BWH
I just wouldn't want to deal with guns through Dubi but Emirates is rated one of the best airlines in the world.

I flew with two guns. The airport police kept the guns while I was in Dubai for the three days. It was easy as could be.

Good to know about that.

Flew emirates in May to Harare. They were tardy with my permit to fly with guns but it came last minute. The service was exceptional even to coming up to me in line, calling me by name and taking me to the front of a new line for the gun. The flight over was only half full or less and we all stretched out and slept. It was nice to avoid Joberg and was less expensive but flying through Dubai added so much time I don't know if it was worth it. Very professional service.

I decided to use there guns this time to avoid any haste while my wife is along. The flight through Dubai is 4 hrs longer

For a savings of $600, why not try them! They have quite a bit of good reviews

Reactions: BWH
And since your using the outfitters guns and its only 4 hours longer of a trip, I would try them out!

Thanks, they say Emirates is more comfortable seating, that trip was not very comfortable the first go around

You are rolling the dice taking guns through Dubai. You will hear people talk about great seats and service but if something goes wrong in the Middle East with your guns you are screwed!
Take Delta from ATL to JNB. It's a safe bet.
Regards,
Philip

You are rolling the dice taking guns through Dubai. You will hear people talk about great seats and service but if something goes wrong in the Middle East with your guns you are screwed!
Take Delta from ATL to JNB. It's a safe bet.
Regards,
Philip
Couldn't agree with you more.

Emirates has bans too BTW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryellenD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you