Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia (X2), Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Here we go! Emirates has suspended flights from Zambia and Uganda until further notice due to an uptick in COVID cases.

I'm scheduled to fly to Harare, Zimbabwe on Emirates in late August. Both the outbound and inbound legs stop in Lusaka, Zambia. The article says that the service to Lusaka and Harare isn't affected. However, the return flight is impacted. I chatted with a customer service rep at Emirates last night and she said that the return flight will now be direct from Harare to Dubai. That's great except they aren't automatically changing tickets...so I'll phone Gracy when they open today.

I’ve just flown to Rsa from Zambia a few days ago on airlink and I enquired about the emirates change.
Seems that emirates via lsk to Harare will continue as planned. The return leg via Lusaka will be as normal except there will be no uplifting of passengers in Lusaka en route to Dubai.
Your flight should be fine and emirates are usually pretty decent to deal with.

Good to hear! Thanks for the info. I'll confirm with Gracey today and let you know what they say.

I’ve just flown to Rsa from Zambia a few days ago on airlink and I enquired about the emirates change.
Seems that emirates via lsk to Harare will continue as planned. The return leg via Lusaka will be as normal except there will be no uplifting of passengers in Lusaka en route to Dubai.
Your flight should be fine and emirates are usually pretty decent to deal with.
I spoke with Shawn at Gracey Travel. You are correct sir. The return flight stops in Lusaka to drop cargo and then proceeds without picking up any passengers. All is well.

Shawn said that Emirates has canceled its direct flights from Lusaka through July. I suppose they did the same for their Uganda flights.

I’m glad your getting there and back still without issue, but this is still concerning. I thought the days of cutting flight routes over covid cases was gone.

I’m glad your getting there and back still without issue, but this is still concerning. I thought the days of cutting flight routes over covid cases was gone.
Totally agree. Obviously, we are not out of the woods yet and that's a bit of a shock to me too.

This is the UAE government over reacting not Emirates airline.

Yup. I feel bad for anyone planning to travel to Zambia or Uganda on Emirates in June or July. More drama.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg