Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Asia/M.East
Member of
Life Member of SCI, DSC, GSCO, HSC, NRA and FNAWS
Hunted
Botswana, Cameroon, CAR, Chad, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Namibia, RSA, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. US, Canada, Arctic, Mexico, Argentina, Austria, France, Spain, Portugal, U.K., Romania, Tadjikistan, Turkey, Nepal, China, Australia and New Zealand
Well, I woke to some uncertain news today, supposed to be “wheels up” in 21 days and I see my Emirates flight on July 5 has been suspended. I am waiting for a reply from my agent at TWG to see whats going on. Anyone have any info on this subject?

I saw another post on AH recently where Qatar was supposedly cancelling flights from Doha to JNB later in the year. They weren't getting a lot of answers from Qatar. Now this is happening with Emirates so it seems a pattern is developing?

I'm heading to Namibia mid-July on Qatar to JNB and then Airlink to Windhoek so this has my attention...

Have Patrick at TWG get you on Ethiopian Air. I just got back 48hr ago and went well but shoot me a text and I'll give you some tips that will make it even smoother!

This is surprising news. It would be even bigger news of Qatar or Ethiopian cancelled as they were the ones who never stopped flying.
Please let us know what Patrick says about Emirates.
Philip

Have Patrick at TWG get you on Ethiopian Air. I just got back 48hr ago and went well but shoot me a text and I'll give you some tips that will make it even smoother!
I have been communicating with my charter operator in South Africa and I mentioned that I had a good flight on Ethiopian last year. She said there have been reports of rebels being close to Addis and could pose a problem if they take pot shots at passing aircraft.

I looked online at Qatar and they are offering flights to JNB at this time.

So the suspended flight which was a 4:05 AM departure has been changed to 9:55 AM so still good to go. We do have some issues on the return which is from Lusaka so he's working through that for me at the moment.

Finally got everything re-booked thanks to the tireless efforts of Steve Turner at TWG. We are now booked on Qatar which will be my first experience with this carrier. The whole thing actually worked to my advantage as Steve managed to save me a significant amount of money. I have always greatly appreciated the service he and his staff at Travel with Guns provide. Now, just finalizing the gear and wrapping up business before being gone for several weeks.

E
So the suspended flight which was a 4:05 AM departure has been changed to 9:55 AM so still good to go. We do have some issues on the return which is from Lusaka so he's working through that for me at the moment.

When you going to be in zambia?

xyz#*%keyr........That is just not right.
Well @sierraone, this is a family trip that has morphed a bit. The first leg in RSA is a graduation safari for my son Parker which is a donated hunt with Shaun Keeny Safaris for a variety of plainsgame. It was to be in 2020 but got pushed to this year. Then, my son Grant booked a rhino safari with Bossie Mostert last year so that extended another week so we can share that experience with him. While in the Luangwa Valley last October with Strang Middleton, he said y'all should come up for some bowhunting when you finish down South so that added another week. At this point in my life, I seem to always look for an excuse to stay in Africa as long as I can on every trip!

@spike.t we'll be up at Strang's place for a week or so doing a bit of bowhunting.

Give us a shout if you spending night in lusaka, and if we in town would love to meet up for a beer.....and if you looking for further excuses to stay can always come fishing on the zambezi.....

Give us a shout if you spending night in lusaka, and if we in town would love to meet up for a beer.....and if you looking for further excuses to stay can always come fishing on the zambezi.....
For sure Mike, will do if something changes, currently flying in and out of Livingstone.

One thing, if one is just connecting through Lusaka without getting off the plane then Emirates does fly. My Emirates flight end of July to Harare through Lusaka is still on.

Crossing fingers. As long as I can get there I don't really care if they suspend the return flight ;)

One thing, if one is just connecting through Lusaka without getting off the plane then Emirates does fly. My Emirates flight end of July to Harare through Lusaka is still on.

Crossing fingers. As long as I can get there I don't really care if they suspend the return flight ;)
I'm flying Emirates to Harare via Lusaka in Late Aug/early Sep. According to Gracey Travel, both the inbound and outbound legs are still flying. The only difference is, they won't pick up passengers in Lusaka. Just drop cargo and take off again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg