Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
We had wonderful success last year with our elk hunts. This year we will be offering them again but the time to book will be limited. Our bulls will score from 345-365.
The hunt will be for 2 days and 3 nights.

Included: All guides, meals, lodging, elk trophy fee, unlimited feral pigs after elk is down, fishing, and alcohol in moderation Included. Hunt may be done with a rifle, bow, muzzleloader, or handgun. Skinning, field dressing, and trophy prep

Not included: Non resident Texas license is $48.00 Tips, pre and post hunt expenses, anything not included above.

Total hunt cost: $8750

I only have 3 of these available and I must have a deposit by July 31, 2021.
2A927BF3-0E3E-4268-946C-80D299EC7ABC.jpeg
BD4CCE3C-1A57-45E7-B0FE-45B7B0C18E4F.jpeg
0CF61662-2ADB-42C8-9701-F6BD04A93BA6.jpeg

Trail Cam pic of a Big bull elk standing next to a very nice Red Deer Stag
15A31BBE-78C3-4F3D-A7D1-8CE045EF63F7.jpeg
E50232A2-D571-4C6E-A574-5EBC9DEA9637.jpeg
E9310885-C019-4602-B6DA-9E69333FB63D.jpeg
02AC1C9D-13C4-4C05-B201-C36B144353CC.jpeg
42609098-24E8-4F6C-BB51-24B8F718FD74.jpeg
A790284E-8696-4A05-AD95-E9F74DB07522.jpeg
9B74C915-859A-4A1D-9D71-6370F2B4EA23.jpeg
A12E3CB3-8F71-4059-A1A6-73C3761CE7EF.jpeg
A12E3CB3-8F71-4059-A1A6-73C3761CE7EF.jpeg
29CFC38F-2755-4F3C-A176-AF8B1CFEDCCA.jpeg
A0F84EEB-4C1E-45F3-A965-A25B6CD78FCD.jpeg
9AF5E281-B6E1-4A49-94DE-0D989BBD3973.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I would think the elk and red deer might crossbreed? But, maybe not.

Yes they do in NZ. The NZ Deerstalkers Assoc set up a corridor between them to keep the Wapiti herd pure and the corridor was patrolled by volunteer members who culled out reds and hybrids. This was all undone when the govt Dept of Conservation i.e. animal activists/Greens, in their wisdom moved the Wapiti out of their protected environment. Currently they are culling out Tahr in inaccessible-to-hunters steep mountainous areas. Makes you wonder if they are actually now listening to the hunting fraternity.

Yes they do in NZ. The NZDA set up a corridor between them to keep the Wapiti herd pure and the corridor was patrolled by volunteer members who culled out reds and hybrids. This was all undone when the govt Dept of Conservation i.e. animal activists/Greens, in their wisdom moved the Wapiti out of their protected environment. Currently they are culling out Tahr in inaccessible-to-hunters steep mountainous areas. Makes you wonder if they are actually listening to the hunting fraternity.
No, they are not listening because they're idiots!

No, they are not listening because they're idiots!
In some places along the southern Alps (a wrench fault caused by the Australasian tectonic plate) the only way to get to Tahr habitat is by helicopter and shooting from one of those doesn't appeal to me at all. But yes, the idiots part is on the money.

In some places along the southern Alps (a wrench fault caused by the Australasian tectonic plate) the only way to get to Tahr habitat is by helicopter and shooting from one of those doesn't appeal to me at all. But yes, the idiots part is on the money.
Oh no, you put your sixty pound backpack on with all your gear and you go after those Tahr! Unless there's water between you and the Tahr, you can get to them. Ha! Ha! I too wouldn't hunt them from a helicopter. Maybe if the helicopter would land and then hunt them on foot, but other than that, I'd be out.

Oh no, you put your sixty pound backpack on with all your gear and you go after those Tahr! Unless there's water between you and the Tahr, you can get to them. Ha! Ha! I too wouldn't hunt them from a helicopter. Maybe if the helicopter would land and then hunt them on foot, but other than that, I'd be out.
only 60 lbs? that would do for my left shoulder, but seriously it's bloody hard hunting country for only the seriously fit. Personally I would rather hunt river flats for deer and fish the great rivers & streams for trout (I have a 4-piece flyrod that fits nicely into a pack).

They certainly can but it is very rare on our ranch. Everyone has plenty of girlfriends and room so there is little bickering. Actually all species of Elk, Sika, and Red Deer can crossbreed. I have all three but again it is a very rare thing at our place. It isn't necessarily what one would think. Elk are much larger than red deer and the red deer will fend off the occasional elk that tries it. The sika are the smallest by a lot and a mature Dybowski Sika will whip and elk and Red Deer at the same time. They are little super ninja's.

Erik i love the pictures, especially the elk standing in front of the water:)

And these are some high quality pics! Brilliant colors. Is that a sunset or did someone else take that picture? ;)
42609098-24E8-4F6C-BB51-24B8F718FD74.jpeg
E9310885-C019-4602-B6DA-9E69333FB63D.jpeg

And these are some high quality pics! Brilliant colors. Is that a sunset or did someone else take that picture? ;)View attachment 412714View attachment 412715
Believe it or not I took those because I was playing with the camera on my new phone. Those are cell phone pics. The one of the new lodge was taken with the phone's built in night settings at about 12:30 in the morning. The bottom one was all about timing. I was checking trail cams and came around the corner, I caught the light just right. New Iphone cameras are pretty awesome.

only 60 lbs? that would do for my left shoulder, but seriously it's bloody hard hunting country for only the seriously fit. Personally I would rather hunt river flats for deer and fish the great rivers & streams for trout (I have a 4-piece flyrod that fits nicely into a pack).
I would love to hunt Tahr. That is one of my bucket list hunts and Chamois is right there with it. I don't know about the helicopter thing. If its just flying up, finding one, then shooting it I dont think I would enjoy that but.... I wouldn't mind using it to get somewhere, then glass, and find one to make a stalk on it. I've never done it so I'm not sure exactly how that would work.

I would love to hunt Tahr. That is one of my bucket list hunts and Chamois is right there with it. I don't know about the helicopter thing. If its just flying up, finding one, then shooting it I dont think I would enjoy that but.... I wouldn't mind using it to get somewhere, then glass, and find one to make a stalk on it. I've never done it so I'm not sure exactly how that would work.
Himalayan Tahr are certainly a challenge for the fit hunter, and due to the nature of the country, heli dropoffs and pickups seem to be the way to go. Chamois can be found at lower altitudes and are amateurs when compared to the death-defying rockhopping Tahr (imho). A good guide will put you into a position to take both. The scenery alone from a chopper is worth it.

Very cool. I hope to get to do it one of these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.